Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Spring garden work.

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Spent another 3 hours going over the garden today, once with the digger and than once with double disc.
Forgotten just how rough riding a cub cadet can be.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Forget the disc, waste of time and fuel
You cant get goiing fast enough and deep enough to do much more than compact the soil. That is IF you can even stay in the seat!! :)

Just fall plow and spring till.
ground works up perfect and the spuds will just push into place ready to hill.

PACub100

You cant get goiing fast enough and deep enough to do much more than compact the soil. That is IF you can even stay in the seat!! :)

I second that...disks work awesome - with the right speed.

I was going to get a tiller but I'm contemplating a cultivator. With my little garden area (which is raised and filled, not a compacted section of ground) I'm thinking that'll work fine for me. :unsure:

vthomley

displayname
Vincent Thomley
Hello Lonnie, looks like the plow worked fine. Good to see you using Cubs again. I find the disk just scratches the surface too, in the past I've added a bunch of weight to i then I don't have enough traction to pull it. Dual up your 72 and you'll be fine in that sandy soil you have.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke

Wish it where that simple, ground here is loaded with rocks of all sizes.
Tiller only works after ground is somewhat level and 95% rock free at surface level.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Hello Lonnie, looks like the plow worked fine. Good to see you using Cubs again. I find the disk just scratches the surface too, in the past I've added a bunch of weight to i then I don't have enough traction to pull it. Dual up your 72 and you'll be fine in that sandy soil you have.
Vince,
Have not had the opportunity to try out the plough yet.
My younger brother ploughed the ground last fall with my 3235 and 3point plough.
He made a mess of the ground, 3 different dead furrows in the garden, all sod.
Hopefully this fall I will get to use the plough I got from you.
I removed the duels last fall in hopes on using the 72 to plough the garden, lack of time prevented that.

John DeBree

I admire your determination. I'm trying to create a nice little 1/2 acre pasture, and it's a struggle with my 48 hp Ford! I keep discing and seeding, trying to work some organic matter into the soil. I have about 500 lbs. on my 20 disc rig, and you do have to pull it pretty fast to get good action. I used my CC to spread some seed, and pull a drag harrow, and it beat me up pretty bad.

Latest posts