• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Splitting the 1450

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
To replace the cork gasket and do a general cleanup.
It's my go to snow thrower Cub that I overhauled 5 years ago and wears an IH soft cab.
DSCN7525.JPG
DSCN7526.JPG

Never underestimate the usefulness of a FEL!!
DSCN7527.JPG

Looking much better now, at least it's clean?
But.....
I power washed the crap out of it, up one side, down the other, top, bottom both ends and it's been sitting on a nice clean piece of cardboard on the table w/the fluid topped off for 3 days now and...you guessed it...
hasn't leaked a drop of oil since!!

Going to hook a loop hose to the ports and run it with a drill and see what happens. Maybe I crammed some dirt into the leak w/the power washer enough to stop the leak??
We took care of the trunnion repair as well, Thanks Charlie!!
The small spring in the center was in 2 pieces.

Goint to put on new brake pads as well while I'm at it, adjustment is about gone on the originals.

DSCN7530.JPG
DSCN7531.JPG

Kinda like going to the dentist and that tooth that's causing you misery every night suddenly feels fine... 8-(

I'm sure you'll keep at it and find the issue.

while u already have it out this far and have spent time getting it out why not go ahead and change the cork gasket? most of the work u have done already was in taking it out Now its only remove the suction tube and the 4- 3/8 bolts that hold the trans to the axle housing There is also a cork gasket on the top and rear of the axle housing it is square has 4 bolts that hold the plate down probably never has been changed Be a good time to change it too

I do believe that replacing the cork gasket is what he said was the main objective in his first post.

Indeed that was the main reason for splitting it.
And, after sitting 4 days since cleaning it up, and NOT leaking, I went ahead and swapped out the gasket anyway. It was not distorted as some I have replaced but was soaked and literally fell right off with no evidence of having been "stuck" to either mating surface.

Cleaned everything up and installed the new gasket. They have a sticky surface on one side and I applied a light coat of permatex to the other side insuring a good seal to both surfaces.

Waiting now on a parts delivery from Charlie so I can shim and replace bushings and couplers in the linkage as needed before re-installing the hydro in the tractor.

Also took this opportunity to replace the safety switch lever and repair the wires to the switch which had been bypassed by the PO at one time.

Last edited:
Please tell more about the trunnion repairs. Isn’t that the part that causes jerky movements? I have a heck of a time with my 169.

Latest posts

Back