• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

speed control

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't say where I stole this pic from, but here's what the update assembly looks like. Don't overlook "support" part that is painted white. Those 2 rectangular blocks with 2 holes, are just spacers that set the white support higher up on the frame cross member where it mounts. Don't know why IH designed it with these 2 spacers, but all the 1x9 series I've seen have always had the 2 spacers. The Parts List doesn't mention 2 of them being required.
1617388750638.png

Last edited:
I have the parts on the way thanks to hydroharry. It's nice to be on a forum that has people that will go out of their way to help members out.

Yep, there's a good bunch here. HydroHarry has probably forgotten more about Cub Cadets than most of us will ever know about them, he has been around this forum since about May 1998 which is shortly after the start of this forum back in early 1998. I joined up in November of 1998. Both of our "Joined dates" got reset back in 2006 and 2007 along with a bunch of others when some forum maintenance was being done. I grew up with Cub Cadets, my parents bought a model 125 in 1969. I still have it, it's been torn apart for way to many years in process of a refurbishment. And yes, HydroHarry is correct, the 125 is my favorite model Cub Cadet, I have three of them and two model 105, the 10hp version.

Yep, there's a good bunch here. HydroHarry has probably forgotten more about Cub Cadets than most of us will ever know about them, he has been around this forum since about May 1998 which is shortly after the start of this forum back in early 1998. I joined up in November of 1998. Both of our "Joined dates" got reset back in 2006 and 2007 along with a bunch of others when some forum maintenance was being done. I grew up with Cub Cadets, my parents bought a model 125 in 1969. I still have it, it's been torn apart for way to many years in process of a refurbishment. And yes, HydroHarry is correct, the 125 is my favorite model Cub Cadet, I have three of them and two model 105, the 10hp version.

Well, Kraig, Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos, I sure do appreciate the compliments, but I think you give me to much credit. Yes, we've both been around, didn't know the good ole days were the good ole days. I really think you know more than me at this point. Why I remember when I'd make some mistakes about what was what, and I had to pay my penance when the Reverend was running this site. That was back in the day BTGC (Before The Great Crash) when we all had to use modem connections, and the Yell'r and White FEVER got really bad if the server for the Forum went down.
As for what I know and learned, well I think I probably owned and restored or refurb'd most every IH Cub Cadet model except for an Original, and a few of the 7hp units, and none of the 82 series. Why back in the day I was of a mind that 7hp just wasn't enough so I shy'd away from them if I happened across one. Took me quite a while to learn it really wasn't the hp but more the tractor itself and gearing that does the work. To this day there are lots of guys on here using their Original, 70, 71, 72 and 73 as workers. They just keep goin and goin.
So, if I really knew as much as you might think, well I'd probably be able to respond to just about every post. I really don't know that much - I just like to talk/post alot :cubwinker:

Couple more thins I should have added above.

My very first tractor was a Cub Cadet 1450. I loved that tractor and it became a part of me over the 14+ years I owned it. My next favorite was probably a 107 that I restored. That was a beauty. I always used rattle can paint and even Jim Chabot (the IH Cub Cadet Museum Curator) was impressed. I had a 1200 at one point that scared the _ _ _ _ out of me. It was a late production Quiet Line and the lower grill housing was aluminum (about #40 less than the cast iron version). I popped a wheelie with the dang thin, and it about flipped over on me. Had alot more respect for that tractor after that. And then there's my 169 that took me about 10 years to find all the parts I needed. It's restored (refurb'd) with pre and post production IH parts. I've told most of that story in other posts.
So, as I usually say,
Old Cubs Never Die
They just find another resting place.

While searching for a different photo for another thread, I came across this and thought I should post it here. A comparison of the two styles of 1x9 hydro control tension adjust:

854.jpg

Kraig - great pic, but who would'a thunk otherwise. You are the Great One, Keeper of the Photos :greenthumb:

Should not be too hard to reproduce those parts.
Except for the friction washers.

Gotta go haul some anhydrous, You fella's have a great spring day!!

Last edited:
Back