• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

South East Iowa Plow Day Oct 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<font size="+2">PLOW DAY CANCELED.</font>

http://www.plowingexhibition.com/

October 29, 2009

We will NOT be having the Plowing Exhibition this weekend (October 31 and November 1) due to the rain and wet weather. The fields are not favorable for any activities.

We will not have a Plowing Exhibition this year due to the weather and hope to have the event again next year.

Thanks to everyone for your interest and hope that we will be able to resume our activities again next year.

It's been raining so hard this morning that the Ottumwa city streets are flooded.

Paul

NOTICE

Here's a plan we are working on. Even though Mother Nature has not been cooperating very well with the weather.We are still going to try to slip a few rounds of plowing this fall. IF we can get good weather the next week or so, The Classic Collectors Club is going to still try and have a plowing event in two weeks(Nov 14th).No bathrooms (besides the bushes),no food,no insurance, just 40 some acres to drop a plow and go. This will be a last minute decision made by the property owner around Wednesday or Thursday (Nov 11-12) and I will post here either way.

But if by chance Mother Nature can't come to terms with the rain. This PD will happen in the same fields in the Spring of 2010.

Keep your fingers crossed......

Paul

<font size="+2">I have just been informed that an invitation has been extended to garden tractor owners that plowing can be done at the Poppin Johnnies Harvest Days tomorrow, Nov 6 at the Dave Cobler farm. Plow field is located two miles north of Ottumwa on HWY 149 and the NE corner of the Hwy 63 intersection. Plowing to begin around noon because the fields will be harvested in the morning. EVERYONE IS WELCOMED. Sorry for the short notice, I just found out about this a few minutes ago.

Paul</font>

Because of the trouble with the water table next to the Des Moines River, David Cobler 15567 HWY 149, Ottumwa Ia has invited everyone wanting to plow this coming weekend (Nov 14th) to his farm to plow. The address shown is his home address, the farm ground to be plowed is south of his home at the NE corner of the intersection of Hwy 149 and Hwy 63 north of Ottumwa about 2 miles. They are calling for rain Monday and a slight chance of showers for Friday. If there is not much rain, this PD will go on. I personally was plowing on the property today with a few club members (around 8 acres) and it excellent black Iowa soil. The fields were bean fields but the corn fields have had a disc ran over them and are easy plowing to. We had a couple of JD430's and a three small Cubs and everyone did ok in both types of fields.

If we run out of field at this property, we can cross the highway..........there must be 100 acres over their.

Paul

thanks paul for a great afternoon of plowing saturday. the ground plowed good, and the weather was picture perfect. I had a great time down there, and just want to say thanks again for having us down. had a great time, and hope to come down again.will have to work with M.B. a little so he's not so affraid of dirt, but other than that, great day all around!!

Because of reasons beyond my control. We are going to be plowing just north and east of the planned site.

If driving in on HWY63 from the north or south, take EXIT 40 to HWY149. Turn NORTH at the exit. Go past the first house on the right!. Then turn EAST (RIGHT) at first crossroads on pavement,Highland Center RD (if you would turn left, you would go to the Ottumwa Airport). Head EAST about the lenght of three blocks and we will be plowing on the north side of the road.

Paul

A big thanks to Paul and company for a last plow day out. Lots of FAR away travelers showed up and braved the elements for a day in southeast Iowa
181229.jpg
181230.jpg

Latest posts

Back