• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

South East Iowa Plow Day Oct 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdyer

displayname
Paul Dyer
The Classic Collector Tractor Club will be hosting a Fall Plow Day October 17th,2009 (rain date October 24th) in the Ottumwa Iowa area. We have the choice of two fields to plow depending on plowing conditions so I can not be more specific on exact location at this time. Both properties are 80 acres or more.
I'm just posting this earlier in the year in case people need to make plans. Too many hotels/motels in the area to list. Port-a-potty and food will be on grounds.
Large Antique Tractors, Horse drawn plows will be plowing too.
I'll keep ths thread updated and as the date gets closer I'll ask for a head count as to who might try to attend.

Paul

I have had a lot of emails and phone calls on this Plow Day. It's still a GO. October 17th and 18th,2009. Both Saturday and Sunday plowing!!!. The plow fields are 3 miles south of Agency, Iowa on the Des Moines River bottom ground. Soil is a little sandy and will shine up your plow. Signs will be posted on Hwy 34 that runs just north of Agency. Ottumwa has too many motels to list. You are welcome to camp at the plow site if you like. Every make of tractor is welcomed.

In addition to the Plow Day on Saturday Oct 17th, if enough people show interest, I will arrange for a group tour at the famous Dumont Musuem in Sigourney Iowa at a discounted rate of $7.00 a person from 3pm to 5pm. Sigourney is located about 25 miles Notheast of the plow field. http://www.dumontmuseum.com/ This museum has the Deere patio tractors, Red Cub Cadets,Yellow/White Cubs, Massey's, Olivers, Panzer, Mini Beep and so many more items. You will not be disapointed. This is a must see if you are a garden tractor enthusiast.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TOUR THE MUSEUM,PLEASE LET ME KNOW A.S.A.P. SO I CAN NOTIFY THE DUMONTS.

[email protected]

So far we have about 45 people interested in plowing. Vendors will be welcomed.

Paul

Paul D. I'll be there. Gonna make one day for sure. I'll try for both.
happy.gif
Not sure if it will be the 782D or the Keepsake 1650 if it is just me. If I can get one trailered then it will be both. Or.... should I bring the 125? He hasn't plowed at a Plow Day all year. Decisions...decisions....

Plow field address to use is: 6132 Cliffland Rd. Ottumwa Iowa 52501.

If anyone else would like to see the Dumont Museum in Sigourney Iowa Saturday afternoon(23 miles north of the plow site, PLEASE let me know A.S.A.P.).

There will be a chili meal served by the wives of the Club Members......(and from what I hear - it's better than the plowing ;). )

Now for a weather/field update. We recieves 5 inches of rain this past weekend and are expecting another rain front to move in on Thursday. The beans are ready but have not been harvested because of the ground moisture. So baring any more rain storms, we are still on for the PD to be on the 17th of October. The Rain date will be on Oct 24th & 25th.

169945.jpg

169946.jpg

Paul

I am receiving emails on places to stay in Ottumwa. So here are a few.

Fairfield Inn by Marriott
2813 N Court
Ottumwa Ia
(641)682-0000
(800)228-2800

Heartland Inn
2900 N Court
Ottumwa
(641)682-8526

Super 8
2823 N Court
Ottumwa
(641)684-5055

The Heartland Inn is recommended. All of these places are next to each other and are located at the very North tip of Ottumwa on business Hwy63.Each have large lit parking areas. You will be about 10 miles from the plow site. For breakfast, we can meet in one of the parking lots and make a plan.

Hope to see you all. I've been razing the big boys with their 4 and 5 bottom plows that we garden tractors are going to show them how it's done.....one row at a time. LOL! We have about 40 acres set aside for us for Saturday. But if we need to, we can cross the road and turn another 220 acres over.

Paul D, Maybe we should start that 220 first and show those big tractors some mighty force.
Shift.gif
. Beakfast sounds good. I'll have to visit with those I am going with on that.

Rob D. Are you planning on attending?

NOTICE:

www.plowingexhibition.com

October 9, 2009

Due to the rain and wet conditions it is doubtful that the Plowing Exhibition will be held on October 17 or 18.

At this time very little has been harvested and the weather forecast for next week does not look favorable to accomplish much field work.

If things change for the better, it will be posted here if and/or when we are able to have the event.

Paul

BUMMER!! Next weekend is actually looking pretty nice. Too bad this week doesn't. Let's hope they're wrong and its dry and windy all week. Shane is dying to plow.

Bill

Jeesh,
We (plow boys) just can't get a break! I guess it's the farmers that I should feel for, I just go to pretend I'm a farmer.
That's what I get for having my tractor ready in August!

October 14, 2009

We will NOT be able to have the Plowing Exhibition this weekend, October 17th and 18th due to the wet weather. We have been unable to get the crops out and have ground to work, as well as the ground being wet and muddy.

We hope to be able to have the event October 24th and 25th weather permitting.

Paul

It's still a GO for the Plow Day this coming weekend. The weather guessers are saying it's to be cloudy this week but this weekend it's to be sunny both Saturday and Sunday.

Come on over, we got plenty of ground to turn over.

Paul

Paul, that seems to be the concensus from the 3 guessers I checked. Cloudy with a 30% chance of precip. mid-week with nice weather on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully they'll get the crops out early this week.

Bill

Just went out and took a look at the fields. The beans are ALL OUT and the field is waiting on us. Chance of showers this evening but the field only needs a day or so to dry out. Sunny this weekend.

WOOOOOO ----HOOOOOOO let's plow!

If you are still interested in touring the DUMONT MUSEUM in Sigourney on Saturday from 3pm to 5 pm, let Lyle and Helen Dumont www.dumontmuseum.com or myself know A.S.A.P. so they can make plans. This museum is a garden tractor paradise with all the "Red" series Cubs refinished to showroom conditions, Original Cubs,Oliver, Massy, Patio Deere's,Panzer and SO MANY other other items displayed. It's well worth the 25 mile trip north.

Paul

NOTICE.........NOTICE

BECAUSE OF OVERNIGHT RAINS OF MORE THAN AN INCH AND AT LEAST THAT MUCH MORE RAIN FORCASTED TODAY

PLOW DAY HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT WEEKEND, OCTOBER 31 / NOVEMBER 1.

Paul

http://www.plowingexhibition.com/

October 22, 2009

Once again I must post that we will be UNABLE to have the Plowing Exhibition this weekend, October 24th and 25th due to the rain. As of 9 am today I have 1" in the rain gauge and the forecast is for additional rain.

We shall try to have the event next weekend, October 31st and November 1st.

http://www.plowingexhibition.com/

October 23, 2009

At 9 am this morning I have an additional 2" of rain in the gauge for a total of 3" with more rain forecast today. The current forecast is for more rain Sunday and again next week. So we again play the waiting game to see if we will be able to have the event next weekend.

Paul

Good to see it's finally sunny and dry in Iowa. Wish it was here too. Hopefully the rain forecast for Thursday will be light. The weekend forecast looks great. See everyone Saturday!! (Positive thinking).

Bill

Bill, I had a conversation with some Poppin Johnnies members that own the land this am. Unless we have a 2 inch rain, this PD is going to happen this weekend. The garden tractors will start out at the SOUTH end of the field. I'll have the CLASSIC COLLECTORS banner out by the side of the field so you can see it when you drive up to the fields.

As for the food. There will be chips, pop, other drinks and home made chilli at the plow site for sure.

Paul

Paul, that sounds EXCELLENT. They are only predicting about 1/4 inch of rain tomorrow evening, with it done by midnight. If all goes to plan, we should pull into the field around 10am saturday. We still plan on camping out.

Bill

Back