• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Soon to be the owner of a 1712

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcook

displayname
Bill Cook
Well, my IH Cub Cadets are soon to meet a new 'big' brother. I just bought a CCC made model 1712, with a 42" power angle blade, and 50C deck shell.
buttrock.gif
I am looking into picking it up Saturday.

I have to thank/blame Roland Bedell
biggrin.gif

In talking, and e-mailing with Roland, he told me that the 1712 was the replacement for the model 784, (which pretty much made my mind up that I wanted it) and the 1712 was also made in 1985 ONLY (which is pretty cool!)

Roland has answered any/all questions I have had about this 1712, and has (as always) been a first class guy
thumbsup.gif

I'm planning to go through a transaxle from a 129, and swap the 1712's ported pump onto it..ready for plowing duty..and get the 50C ready to rock and roll.

With me on the 1712, and my son on the 1450 with a 50A under it...our 3 acre yard doesn't have a chance!

So now I am a CCC
n00b.gif

lol.gif
OK Charlie........but do you promise to fix the '1 burned out headlight'?....

Supposedly that is the only thing that doesn't work on it!

Oh just drop it off and I'll get it painted up for ya and get the bugs ironed out and you can pick it up next year.
buttrock.gif

OK Charlie!...Keep an eye out for me
clappy.gif

Thanks Kraig!
thumbsup_old.gif

Well.....I see that you got that puppy picked up. Once you come down from the Cub High, how about postin' some acquistion pic's...

biggrin.gif

LOL.........

Well, between it raining to beat hell, and snowing to beat hell, I only took one picture of my 'new' 1712...and that was in the garage, once I got home...
url]

I still don't know how to shrink pics to below 50kb and still be able to tell what they are...LOL...but just 'click the link'...

The seller didn't really know what he had, nor did he really check it out too well........the power angle blade is actually of the 54" variety!

Now the big question.....Who lay's claim to it...You or the Wife.........???

biggrin.gif

Kraig: Yep, I think this one will be here for a long time, but I'm probably going to be 'thinning the herd' a little bit.

Roland:
err.gif
Well......she has kinda made some 'comments'... But, she won't be on the seat all the time!
buttrock.gif

Back