• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Sometimes progress really SUCKS!!

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

dschwandt

displayname
David Schwandt
Good bye shop towels!!
Went to pick up shop towels today from The city Laundry drop off point I have been using for at least 45 years or more and they informed me there would be no charge for this batch as it will be the last batch of shop towels they will be cleaning.
They will still clean uniforms etc. but no more sop towels.
Well, what is a mechanic's uniform if not a shop towel you can wear??
Guess I need to be looking for a cheap used washing machine, huh??

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
That does stink.. (pun?) LOL.

Did they say why? Perhaps not enough margin to keep doing them.. maybe..

Our local laundry gave up doing them 5 or 7 years ago, they said the "environmental fees" were more than they could charge for the towels. So now we go see a "rag man" he gets cut up cloth / tee shirts / towels etc. I don't know where he gets it all but it works ok. And when they are bad enough we just toss'em out.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Blue shop towels from WalMart...buy in big lots whenever they are on sale....

kide

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Gerry Ide
Time to look for an old Maytag wringer washer. Sold my mother-in-law's a few year's ago to a car wash just to wash rags..

joligschlaeger

displayname
Joe Oligschlaeger
A family friend dropped off a large box of towels.

She has a beauty salon and these were used for dying hair, etc.
I took them to the laundry mat, ran them thru with strong soap, dried them and now use for oily cleanup before discarding.

I had purchased a large quanty of new white towels, saving them for better cleanup.

rjruchti

displayname
Roger J. Ruchti
Salvation Army as well as other second hand storees usually have a bunch of shirts, etc. that they won't sell to to tears, stains, etc. and will give them to you. I picked up paper feed bag stuffed full a couple years ago, mostly T-shirts that I am still using. Also use the rolled white paper hand towels in the dispenser. Case of towels, 6 large 10" rolls ha lasted about 6 years now. Only use them for hand drying or real light clean up.