• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Something to restore

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hill

Hi All
Just bought a Cub Cadet 149 with a snowblower and a spare engine. both engines appear to be complete and not seized . Looking forward to learn from those of you who know all the secrets when I need advice.
thanks in advance.
Rick
Bobcaygeon ont. Canada

D8A27715-BD5D-447E-BC6A-FF7C4258AC8A.png

Attachments

• D415E9A7-BB74-4160-B6F7-2DED4B3573BA.jpeg
    D415E9A7-BB74-4160-B6F7-2DED4B3573BA.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 19093734-1CAA-4D97-AF7E-2528A49B69EF.jpeg
    19093734-1CAA-4D97-AF7E-2528A49B69EF.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Welcome Rick! Picture is a little fuzzy but the tractor appears to be a narrow frame, a 149 would be a wide frame. Maybe a 147? I don’t have any experience with narrow frame tractors, but this is great site to learn all you need to about it. I’m sure someone will here will soon to help decide what you have.
looks like a good find with some nice extras.

Welcome Rick! Picture is a little fuzzy but the tractor appears to be a narrow frame, a 149 would be a wide frame. Maybe a 147? I don’t have any experience with narrow frame tractors, but this is great site to learn all you need to about it. I’m sure someone will here will soon to help decide what you have.
looks like a good find with some nice extras.

added some better pictures.
thanks

Welcome to the addiction Rick! Here is a link to some FAQ about Cub Cadets:

http://cubfaq.com/questions.html
If you post a photo of the I.D. tag, we can help identify it for sure. FAQ #17 about halfway down shows where to find the tag on a 147.

Rick, WELCOME! As others have mentioned, that is a 147, which is a narrow frame, not a 149, which would be a wide frame. The 147 came equiped with an electric lift, the 149 came with hydraulic lift. The narrow frame/wide frame will come into play when you search for implements, as some will not directly interchange.

I agree!
The 147's are indeed a hefty looking machine what with the 14 horse Kohler.
They are the last of the NF's and the 1st Cub to get the 14 horse engine.
Every collection should include one of 'em!!
Mine sports a QA42A for winter use.

Back