• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Solenoid

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had a chance to dig in to the 2284 yet. I've owned one for 15 years or so, great tractor.
I had it out last weekend, put a lawn roller behind it just to put a load on the motor as I was running seafoam fuel additive through the carb
So far a great tractor!

Attachments

• 604D765F-22ED-4CB3-8911-DD5451A94F41.jpeg
    604D765F-22ED-4CB3-8911-DD5451A94F41.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 0
  • DCF934FA-AE13-4B81-BD5C-E6DB12C27131.jpeg
    DCF934FA-AE13-4B81-BD5C-E6DB12C27131.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 0
I have a cub 169. It does something similar. My battery full charge, I get a hard chattering solenoid when key is in start position. From the key mine goes to PTO limit switch. And the to clutch/brake limit. Then the signal goes to the solenoid. Did you check voltage through these two switches? Mine drops to 3 volts. But 12v leave solenoid. This tells me it is one the two limit switches that is bad.
You might want to see the voltage coming out the large stud going to the starting motor. See what you have.

Most solenoid problems are going to be a bad ground from solenoid to frame or a burnt and sticking disc inside. Other problems are possible of course. But this is the majority of what I have experienced in person.

Back