• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Snowblowers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like most any piece of equipment, if it's set up and maintained properly it should work well. Forum member Art Aytay has an 1872 that he uses a 450 snowblower on, though it could be his 2072 that he uses for snow removal. He has posted some impressive photos of it moving snow. I'll have to see if I can find the photos.

I am amazed how far it threw the snow, wonder what speed is , I see so many snow blowers 4 sale I figured they we slow as heck like a walk behind snow blower.

I have a 2182 with a 451 blower. I dont want to open a can of worms but I always snowblow WOT. the snow is thrown 20 feet or more. I move about 1/4 to 1/2 speed - keeping the blower full with ground speed works best by my experience. I have foam filled tires, 150 pounds of wheel weights, chains, a full steel sims cab and my 250 pounds in the seat. - the snowblower is heavy I highly suggest counterweight of some kind. if I drop the blower completely on the pavement I lose all steering wheel turning ability. My drive is gravel if I am not careful I put lots of gravel on the first floor roof of the house and hit second story windows with stones and snow.

I had an 1872 with the 450 snowblower it worked great until the tractor caught fire now I attach it to my 2072, but for 2019 winter snow i used my blade cause i havent used it before and wanted to try it, which worked awesome also

This is my 1641 with the 450 snowblower, works beautifully. Question for the group though is has anyone had issues with the augers bending? I've got the skids set at about an inch, don't hit anything, and then finish up with a blade on my other tractor.

Attachments

• 20200118_155741.jpg
    20200118_155741.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 245
Thats not a cyclops hood .

Neither is an 1872 as you referenced in your original post. The 2072 in Art's video is the big brother to the 1872 from the same series. I will also add that Art's 2072 was originally purchased new by my parents and can confirm that it coupled with a 450 snowblower is an amazing snow removal machine.

Tony,

Here in St. Louis, just about every snow we get is the wettest, heaviest snow most of those with snow blowers would ever see.

The rear gearbox on my 451 has a grease fitting on the bottom, Should i pump grease into it until i cant anymore ? Also the front gearbox, what oil is recommended and quantity ?

Back