• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Snowblower won't move in 4th 5th and sixth gear

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

New to me Walk behind old Noma snowblower, Move's good until 4th 5th and sixth gear then it wont move . Friction disk looks good as does everything else.

Make sure the shaft that the rubber disc slides on is free of rust and lightly lubricated. Make sure the disc that mates with the rubber disc is not contaminated and clean. Check to ensure the rubber disc slides over far enough to allow it to contact. While it might look good, the rubber disc wears down and still will need to be replaced.

Shifter shaft slides easy, disk had some rubber build up in the 4th and 6th gear areas so i scuffed it up with sand paper but that didnt help. And disk slides over far enuff. if i lift it up the wheels engage.

Rubber Friction Wheel might be too dried out and hard, causing it to slip on the more stressful higher gears. Also check the spring that pushes friction wheel to disc. Missing? Tired?

Back