• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

SNOWBLOWER ADDING RUBBER TO BLADES ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

Getting the 451 on the 2084
20211130_124606.jpg
20211130_124606.jpg
ready and got the chute off for the metal protector. Just wondering if anyone thinks I need to put the rubber add on to the blades to shoot snow further?

I vote YES if you’ll post video!

Clearance looks good, much better than on my QA42A and definitely better than my CW36...with it being this late and snow could come at any time, I'd take a wire wheel to the discharge portion of the blower, clean it up good, hit it with some paint and put it all together. Run it and see what you think. Could always add some if you're not satisfied with how it works as-is...

I put Belting material on my walk behind Snowblowers. I'm one of those guys who has equipment follow them home. I tinker, get it running and give them to friends family and neighbors. I must have put belting on impeller of 10 blowers. It is a great help for both distance throwing and 'no clogging'. One thing. Because you've eliminated that gap between housing and impeller, you may need to toss hot water down the shoot sometimes. You blow snow, a little wet snow remains in housing then refreezes. Now the impeller is frozen to housing. So, just be aware before engaging that you may have an issue. Just bringing hot water out with you. As the tractor warms up, toss the water down the shoot, it'll separate them easily.
Widen the feet. I do that on some. You don't want to fight with blower floating up on snow but small feet may dig into stone driveways and unfrozen grass

I put Belting material on my walk behind Snowblowers. I'm one of those guys who has equipment follow them home. I tinker, get it running and give them to friends family and neighbors. I must have put belting on impeller of 10 blowers. It is a great help for both distance throwing and 'no clogging'. One thing. Because you've eliminated that gap between housing and impeller, you may need to toss hot water down the shoot sometimes. You blow snow, a little wet snow remains in housing then refreezes. Now the impeller is frozen to housing. So, just be aware before engaging that you may have an issue. Just bringing hot water out with you. As the tractor warms up, toss the water down the shoot, it'll separate them easily.
Widen the feet. I do that on some. You don't want to fight with blower floating up on snow but small feet may dig into stone driveways and unfrozen grass
So, the belting trick is not just for single-stage throwers? Can someone confirm?

So, the belting trick is not just for single-stage throwers? Can someone confirm?
Nooooo, definitely works wonders for two stage blowers. Put on the impeller blades to create a zero gap between impeller and housing. Impeller blades... Not the auger
Don't spend the big $ on these kits. Create your own. My local tractor store sells 4" belting (2ply) by the foot. Buy 1 foot and you'll have enough for 8 snowblowers

Last edited:
Nooooo, definitely works wonders for two stage blowers. Put on the impeller blades to create a zero gap between impeller and housing. Impeller blades... Not the auger
Don't spend the big $ on these kits. Create your own. My local tractor store sells 4" belting (2ply) by the foot. Buy 1 foot and you'll have enough for 8 snowblowers

Any pictures?

Back