• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

snow throwing video

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that rear-mounted wing provide enough downforce to measurably improve traction? 😉 🚜💨

(nice tool caddy, sweet tractor!)
thankyou, the tool caddy is a weight box. the shovel is just jammed in between the scrap steel

Attachments

• flattrack 010.jpg
    flattrack 010.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 0
Sorry but had to laugh at your broken tibia. Had to be 15 years ago, I got my trusty #72 out on the evening before New Years and hooked to my smaller cart and loaded up a full load of Christmas wrap, boxes, anything that would burn, and a 12-pack of "Anti-freeze" and headed off to the burning barrel. I was about done burning the stuff, even the 12-pack box, it was empty. I walked around the corner of the cart to grab something to add to the burning barrel and bumped into the corner of the cart, lost my balance and fell on the frozen ground, my left knee first. I heard something crack, and I couldn't put any weight on my left leg. I had to run the 72 "side saddle", use my right leg for the clutch, made it back to the house and parked the cart outside & tractor inside and hopped into the house. Wife & son both asleep, I lower myself into the recliner, was about Midnite, and fell asleep. Next morning when the wife asked what was wrong with my leg, I told her and she laughed! So I made her take me to the urgent care hospital. I got a Bledsloe boot, crutches, and in about 4-5 days went to Mexico for a week. Most people at the resort gave me on my crutches room, some wouldn't.
When we got back to our fine Wisconsin winter, I had to put the QA-36 on the 72, once again running it side saddle. The clutch on my #1 snow mover, my Super H pushes easy, but can't run it side saddle. I even rode my 50 miles to work with a. Co-worker. My pickup had a 5-speed manual Trans. It took about a month before I could drive.

I can relate! I finished installing my new-to-me 450 on my 782 last weekend. Patiently waiting for a good snow fall so that I can go outside and play!
I enjoy a good snowfall as well, i go around the neighbor hood and do the older folks drive. We have small dogs so i make a big path in the back yard for them to do their business.

Does that rear-mounted wing provide enough downforce to measurably improve traction? 😉 🚜💨

(nice tool caddy, sweet tractor!)
I read a piece many years ago, about the first attempt at using a "wing" on top fuel.................They made a pass with it on and were surprised that the metal on the surface was deformed considerably.............after doing some measurements, they found it had 7000 pounds of downforce at full speed

The OP may have to pick up the pace a bit to realize any gain :D

Back