• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Snow thrower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Armbruster

IHCC Supporter
displayname
DontknowJack
Armed with more questions. So a buddy of mine has a snow thrower and mule drive from a 1440 for cheap. Will those items fit a 149? The snow thrower looks new and the price can't be beat.

Armed with more questions. So a buddy of mine has a snow thrower and mule drive from a 1440 for cheap. Will those items fit a 149? The snow thrower looks new and the price can't be beat.
Not even close unless your good with a welder and a chop saw and have way to much time on your hands. Plus the fact that the belt size for the 149 is only 1/2" and the 1440 is 5/8"

190-302-100 is a 42" snow plow/dozer blade NOT a snowthrower.

42" snow plow

190-302-100.jpg

I called him and he said sorry it's a blade not a snow thrower. Thanks buddy. So I guess the mule drive is worthless to me. How about the front blade? Would it a fit a 149? He also told me that the front axle is a
" Super Steer " that would allow the use of 23 inch rear tires and not need to step up to 26 inch rear tires. Is he full of it?

You are looking at 2 completely different model tractors built by 2 different manufacturers with a year discrepancy of 21-23 years.

Would you expect a snow plow that fits a say 1971 ford to fit a 1997 Ram??

Your 149 was in production by International Harvestor from 1971-1974
The1440 was built by MTD Cub Cadet from 1992-1997

For a complete list of what will fit your 149 go here
Lookup Parts Via Diagram | Cub Cadet US

Good luck!!

Don't want to sound greedy but, both. My buddy called me with a pile of 1440 parts cheap. He told me he had thrower but he got his wires crossed, it's a blade. I thought about the front axle and the steering column for my 149. But from the sounds of things I am better off to walk away. I am looking for both a snow thrower and a better front blade. I have a front blade but it's future is in the dirt, it's pretty rough.

Ok
I have a front blade for a wide frame. Decent usable shape probably spent its whole life on the stone floor of a barn. Paint is flacking off pretty bad but not bent or twisted up.
Also have a couple of snowthrowers as well. Just going to be a chore to get them out. Blade is in the haymow. Snowthrowers are about 10' in from the end of a grain bed filled with cub parts, cubs and related stuff.
Im located about 60 mi north of Powell, 10 mile or so off of Rt. 23.

When are you available? I am not in a hurry. It's not like I am trying to be ready for winter. Of the four tractors I own none run and drive, yet. I have plans this Saturday morning. We work nights and we are off on Friday nights and Saturday nights.

Ron
I'm a self employed carpenter. also semi retired, still learning to say no. So my schedual is all over the board.
We can get something worked out.

Ron
I'm a self employed carpenter who is also working on becomming semi retired. Trying to learn to say no. Depending on weather and what job I'm on I can be avaiable most any day, just dont want cold. Really need to sort out a bunch of cubs and stuff and move it on.

Back