• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Snow blade

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hoover

displayname
Paknght
I am looking at a snow blade from a 109 cub cadet. Unsure whether a 109 is a narrow or wide frame. At any rate, I have a 106 narrow frame Cub and wondered if it will fit on mine. Also, lift rod is gone and a chain is used to raise the blade.
Any info is greatly appreciated

Making the most of the Cub
Mike

check the for sale listings. I have one (from a 107...) listed there. Same frame as a 106. It comes with the lift rod, too.

109 is a wide frame, it wont fit onto your 106 without modification.

Mike - hey I don't know what's up with Kraig. He really should have given you more details. Guess he was just short on time (or maybe getting old), or maybe didn't want to get into the details details details (which I sorta enjoy doing).
Yes, a 109 tractor is a wide frame and your 106 is a narrow frame. The snow/dozer blade is the same for both except it uses a different sub-frame, a different lift bracket (that attached to the A-frame of the blade), and the lift rod for a 109 is shorter than the one used on a narrow frame. I would not recommend trying to modify the sub-frame on the blade for the 109 to try to fit it to your 106. You'd likely end up with a hack job that probably wouldn't work well either.
And if you're wondering - could you find a narrow frame sub-frame, lift bracket and rod, and just switch it over? Well, yes you could possibly, but buying those parts would likely cost you about the same as a complete correct blade for your 106, if you could find them. (And there are a couple different versions of sub-frames for narrow frame tractors so you would need to make sure you get the correct one for your 106).
Now, Alan mentioned he has a blade for a 107, posted over in the For Sale section. He's a far piece away (Chicago to PA) from you but he does have the exact blade you need AND it looks really nice, and in my view I think he's asking a fair price. (Kraig even mentioned it looks nearly NOS). So, can you find one someplace in PA or maybe one of the surrounding states you're close to. Well, most likely, but it most likely won't be as nice as the one Alan has, and the price will probably be $100 (give or take 10%). I don't know what's going on over in the Cub Cadet Haulers thread since it looks like it really hasn't been active since 2012 (unless I can't read it right). But it's one method you could try to get someone to haul the blade for you, although with the current virus conditions I don't know how much people are travelling. Maybe David S has some suggestions as well since he's a retired trucker (apologies in advance Dave).
Hope this info helps.

Mr Bursell

Thanks for your reply, very informative. I try to read different posts to get a better understanding of the various
Models and what goes with what. I like working with real tractors, not plastic toys
Mike

Hey Kraig - Oh Great One and Keeper of the Photos (and lots and lots of other stuff).
Thanks for the "thumbs up". I of course was only joking with my comments. Back in the ole days, before the great crash, I may have had to pay a penance.
Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(they just find another resting place)

Back