• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Snow blade foot adjuster

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkoenig

In Remembrance 2023
displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
My tired, rusty old snow blade that cleared the neighborhood the last storm has lost the threads inside of one adjuster. Should I just grind that one off, and weld a nut on? As a temporary fix, I just threaded an extra nut onto the shoe, and sandwiched the adjuster with one nut above, and the other below.

Are there extra (tall) thread nuts? I know some jam nuts are extra thin. I would like as much thread contact as I can get even though I assume this fix will outlive me considering how long the original lasted.

I am considering having my welder son add two nuts, and then grind half of one back off to get extra threads.

Whaddya think?

My tired, rusty old snow blade that cleared the neighborhood the last storm has lost the threads inside of one adjuster. Should I just grind that one off, and weld a nut on? As a temporary fix, I just threaded an extra nut onto the shoe, and sandwiched the adjuster with one nut above, and the other below.

Are there extra (tall) thread nuts? I know some jam nuts are extra thin. I would like as much thread contact as I can get even though I assume this fix will outlive me considering how long the original lasted.

I am considering having my welder son add two nuts, and then grind half of one back off to get extra threads.

Whaddya think?
1644680887188.png

You can weld the hole, then drill and tap to 1/2-13, or double nut the snow skid shoe as is the official term for the part. A new skid shoe is part number 703-0650-0637.

Thanks to both of you.

I have had my eye on a new pair of shoes from Digger since I got this blade, just want to get it all in good working order.

Is there a good way to avoid future rust? Anti-seize, graphite paint, 90 weight ???

Clean all rust and old flaky paint off the face either by sanding, or sandblast. Use a high quality self etching primer, then topcoat with a hardened (catalyzed) gloss paint to the color of your liking. For future rust prevention, I personally use Fluid Film sprayed liberally on all painted surfaces. Plows are hard to keep nice, especially on gravel and dirt.

JKoenig, there are coupling nuts that you can buy at tractor supply or a hardware store. They are 2-3 as long as a standard nut.
I purchased a pair of skid shoes from Digger at the end of last years plowing season. Used them once this year, good quality. Painted them Cub white, put little never seize on the threads, good to go.

Thanks for the coupling nut idea Robert, and the product review. Good to know the parts I expect to be of good quality actually are...there was never any doubt.

Chris,

Thanks for the tip. That's great to hear that it works as well as I hoped it would. I plan to do the same one day.

Thank you Chris for providing great information, photo, and link for the replaceable rubber wear strip kit for your blade! That looks like a winner.

ChrisClaussen, What size rubber strip did you end up using - 4" or 5 1/2"?

Last edited:
Now what good is that strip gonna do on my gravel drive? :roflol: Looks like a good idea for hard driveways.

Back