• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Smoke machine

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcook

displayname
William Cook
Yesterday, I started my 1811 cub and it put out an unbelievable amount of smoke! Never did this before. It also would quit after a bit. Spit oil out of the exhaust, too. Badly. What is the most likely problem?

Check the oil for gasoline. That will make it smoke like crazy. I believe that engine has a diaphragm fuel pump, if so it may have a pin hole in the diaphragm.

The gas inlet valve in the carb is probably leaking past the needle and seat, overflowing into the crankcase, filling the crankcase with gasoline. Drain the engine oil and expect it to dump lots of gas/oil so have a large catch pan when you do it. Pull the carb and clean / refurbish it, paying specific attention to the float valve condition. Just my thoughts.

Back