• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Shipping

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljones

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Lucas Jones
I am looking at having a snow blade shipped to me for my 122 the seller said he could ship it frieght, he got a quote from Daytona freight for $168. Can you use FedEx or ups or USPS to ship one of these, anyone got expereiance with using them for larger stuff? What does the price for this normally run?

Lucas,
I've shipped many UPS and Fed-Ex.
All he has to do is break it down, lay the pieces on the back side of the blade, strap them together and put cardboard on the ends and edges and both will take it for less than that amount.
They will charge you for it not being boxed, I think it's 7 or 8 bucks. But it's really not hard to find a box that will fit, or even rolling cardboard around it and on the ends to make it enclosed.
It would be best for you, cost wise to have it shipped to a Verified business address as well.

Lucas Jones

I used freight rate .com and paid $100.00 for a blade and sub frame from Ohio to Main. my .02

Bought mine from a member in the Northern region and the UPS shipping rate was around $80.00 to my house.Ditto what Charlie said.

Cost?
Who knows since no one but you knows where it's coming from and exactly what it weighs and so on and so on.
There's a huge difference on to many factors to tell you about what it cost.
I shipped one to Ga. to a business and it was $57.00, next one went to Tex. and it was $80.00.

Lucas-
I'm shipped a blade before by breaking it down like Charlie mentions.

Instead of trying to find a box to fit each of the two main pieces, I just used a large piece of cardboard from the side of a refrigerator box and "wrapped" the blade in the cardboard, cutting and taping to make it stay. It looked like two giant cocoons by the time I was done, but it made it to the destination in one piece. The problem you'll run into with a cardboard "box" is that no matter how you pack it, the blade is likely to move and punch through the side of the box.

I had a front blade for my OFF-TOPIC utility tractor shipped to my house from Arizona (Seller said he'd pay shipping, so I took him up on the offer!) and by the time the blade got to me, the "box" was nothing more than a mangled pile of cardboard. I'm lucky it didn't all end up on the "lost-and-found" pile at some terminal halfway here.

Anyway, I would think the $80 quotes people are mentioning would be pretty close to what you'd pay to make it happen today.

OK, just to put some things in perspective...
I shipped 3 small packages today to wifes' relatives in Germany via Post Office.
Total weight 20#
Total cost...$150.00 !
bash.gif

Cost to ship a blade sounds nice to me.
thumbsup.gif

Ah, shipping. Sometimes it can be a tough pill to swallow. To make it easier, I tend to use the time/mileage factor. Say I want something 250 miles away. That's 500 miles round trip - a good day's drive. Absolute minimum travel expense of $150. If I can get it shipped for $100 I've "saved" $50 and a day's driving. Whatever.
happy.gif

I've shipped a 42" snow plow to Canada via FEDEX. Wasn't too bad.
Try driving it and see how much it costs.

Latest posts

Back