• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sheds and Shops

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GREG L. Yes, probably 3-4 years, wife has to retire first, update the house for resale. Wife thinks a new deck, a really BIG deck is needed, new kitchen, and both bathrooms, and refinish the basement. If we do all that, the price at least doubled! On thing we have going for us, the house a quarter mile down the road was listed for $600,000 about 6-8 years ago.

Yeah, those improvements will really add some nice value to the house. Of course it will come at a cost, but those are the areas that buyers want to see upgraded. Good luck.

Finally after about 40 years I get around to finishing the inside of the shop.
Les and I got a few pieces up on the ceiling to cover the ratty drywall. We had to drop the trolly and lights on half of it.

I got the long wall done last weekend and the door trimmed out as well. Now I can finish the firing strips on the other half and figure out just what to do for lighting on this half.

Next weekend maybe we can get the rest of it up with the exception of the corner the furnace hangs.

It's been acting up lately and will have to come down anyway. Not looking forward to that part of this job.

325337.jpg

Shop is 28' deep x 18' wide.
Pieces are 10' and 18'
Alternating them.
18' is enough for 2 guys to handle!
I started this remodel when I retired in 2012, got one wall and the workbench done at that time and then ran out of steam and $$!!

been giving some thought to either sealing or painting the floor. Tired of all the dust that sweeping generates.
Only issue would be the lift table that rides on 2 steel wheels on the end that moves when raised and lowered.
That, and we do a little welding and grinding from time to time also that might raise hell with paint.
Suggestions,,,, anyone??

David,

I know exactly how that can be. I have been working off and on with the 100 for over two years.
Between hurricanes,rain almost every other day,deaths in the family,injuries,and frequent migraines, progress is almost dormant.
This past week though, I have been fortunate to get a lot of unfinished work done. If this continues, I should be able to finish the 100 in a few weeks! Hopefully.
bouncy.gif

David S. After I built my shop I used a commercial epoxy paint by Sherwin-Williams. The floor had to be abraded, acid etching or shot blasting were my options. In the winter I decided on shot blasting. The epoxy has held up for 17 years. It will stain with brake fluid, oil, grease etc. wipe right up. The floor has to be very clean for the epoxy to adhere.

so far so good. The mill will live in the corner where the broom is standing.
Four 4' LED's spaced down each side of the ceiling. Thinking about a few more on either side of the lift table as well.

325409.jpg

Update:
Slowly but surely.
They should be working on the electric, finishing the inside and putting the doors on today.
It's been really wet here the last couple of weeks and the electrician was running behind. Drive was just started on this week and should finish the whole thing in a few days if the rain holds out. (it's raining now
angry.gif
)
325413.jpg

325414.jpg

Shultzie, looking good! I can see the Charger in the middle bay.
happy.gif

Update:
Well the contractors never came the other day, but they did finish up yesterday. The electrician will be back out Thursday. At least the doors are on and I can lock it up now.
thumbsup.gif

325462.jpg

325463.jpg

325464.jpg

325465.jpg

Shultzie, very nice! I like the loft over the enclosed bay. Very jealous...

Been reworking a couple base cabinets salvaged from my rental re-hab project a few years back for use in the shop by the mill.

This was a corner unit that I dismantled and reconfigured to work as single units or join for a larger unit. The one in the foreground was joined to the far end of other one. Had to make another drawer and door for that end of it. Got the tops bent up yesterday.

Had a fellow stop by w/an estimate of $5/square foot for epoxy coating on the floor. He said they would have to shot blast the floor so the stuff would adhere. Thinking of puling the trigger on it if he can get at the job soon.

You guys know anything about welding mats?
He said If I were to do welding and grinding in there on that floor I would have to get one for under/around the welding table.

325627.jpg

Back