• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

She is done

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leaming

finally finished the 100 up this morning. Just about everything has been replaced or rebuilt except for the transmission and rear end. The rear end oil was drained, to my surprise the oil was fairly clean. I replaced the oil with Hytran. All new tires and wheel bearings have been replaced. The motor is still being broke in. I have way more in it than I can get out of it. She has came a long way since I bought it a few months ago. The noise at full throttle is the hood. I need to put a rubber strip on it.

Sweet! Like those above, I too like the sound of that at idle. Regarding the hood, I like to use fiber washers on the hood bolts. Here's the order that I place them: Bolt head->metal washer->fiber washer->hood->fiber washer-> cast grill->metal washer->Nylock nut. Then I snug the nut up enough so that there's some tension on the hood. This will also hold the hood open in almost any position. You'll occasionally have to tighten them up as the fiber washers wears in. I learned this trick from Dan Hoefler.

Sweet! Like those above, I too like the sound of that at idle. Regarding the hood, I like to use fiber washers on the hood bolts. Here's the order that I place them: Bolt head->metal washer->fiber washer->hood->fiber washer-> cast grill->metal washer->Nylock nut. Then I snug the nut up enough so that there's some tension on the hood. This will also hold the hood open in almost any position. You'll occasionally have to tighten them up as the fiber washers wears in. I learned this trick from Dan Hoefler.

Thanks I will for the advice!

Mark - that's a great looking and sweet sounding 100. In my view it's the classic of classic IH Cub Cadets.

Back