• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Seeking advice

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy's Vann

I've had an LT1042 for years. I've spent much more on repairs than I spent on the mower. The latest problem is with the cut itself. A 4" strip of uncut grass stands tall in the cut swath. I changed blades, but there is no difference. Any ideas of what's calling this.

Welcome to the forum!
I would check the belts, pulleys, and bearing housings. If you haven't already, grease all fittings too. Make sure the deck is clean underneath. Put it on a level surface and check to see if the deck is level also.

Welcome!

How is the structure of the deck? Could a spindle be angled? Possibly due to rust, or an errant step on the deck, or an impact, or a child or grandchild jumping on it, or??? I had a deck once that was "flexible" due to old age and rust. When I tightened the drive belt tensioner too much, it torqued over the center spindle, and caused a similar uncut portion of the swath. Loosening the belt straightened the center spindle up again, and the cut was complete.

Where is the uncut patch? WIthin the center blade cut? At an edge blade cut? Try to find which blade is the problem, and work from there.

Back