• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Second Spindle This Year

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mconway

displayname
mike conway
Ok, I must be missing something on my 42 inch that I rebuilt a couple of years ago. it's been fine until this year and I just had a second keyway failure of the season. My question is, does the key go through the washer I have marked in red? I don't remember the old washers having a notch so should I file a notch...or is it two keys, one above and below the washer? it's been said that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask....so I'm askin'.....thanks

0816201747a.jpg

Edited by MOD to correct photo rotation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should only be a key in the part of the shaft where the pulley sits. Nothing below the washer needs to be keyed.

No offense Mike, but is there a way to rotate images that are orientated to give viewers a sore neck? I can see that at the point of submission there is indeed one, but a few of us dont seem to notice that 'rotate image' button..... and I would like to look at that image a while... myself (but my neck hurts)

Mike - Matt & Ed are right. The single dashed line below the washer indicate the keyway in the shaft. The double dashed lines above the washer show the key in the keyway.

Thanks to Kraig, or whichever moderator rotated the diagram. I agree with Gordon, it's hard for this old man to see it sideways!

Back