• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Seats !

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is from a Cub Cadet zero turn.... had to set it back as far as I could, wish I could have it back further. Plus it is thicker and I now sit about 2” higher
Now ,that's what I'm talking about. Just still looking for something with a bit more comfort than what the original has.

I may have to order a couple of those from Charlie... My 2 workers currently have a "seat". Ther are the typical 40 year old busted up vinyl and chunks of padding missing. We used to have some spares floating around that were lift truck seats. They are similar to the OE ones... when Dad was still working, his Employer had a sale on the seats (I think they were changing designs or something) and were selling them fairly cheap. But that was close to 30 years ago and even those aer starting to show their age....

The new Cub Cadet OE seats on the new stuff is nice and comfortable..... I've sat on the ones for the XT1 riders and they are nice... The one on my CC ZTR is really comfortable.... but.... I went to the parts look-up and priced a replacement.... I was going to get 2 and adapt them to my IH CC 1650 and 1450.... but I decided I would not be doing that... since 2 ZTR seats would be more than I paid for both tractors........

Here is the ZTR seat I am talking about.......

29CE4CD8-0C11-4D7A-BDFD-FEF4E3201D3B.jpeg

DEE678A7-0689-4106-91EC-45814D336670.jpeg

Last edited:
Scott, I agree - that's a comfy seat. I have that mower, too. I only wish it had springs instead of the hard plastic (rubber?) bumpers under the seat pan.

Yes, that would be nice.... in the more expensive ZT series.... I think you have to get to the 3 or maybe 4 and they have more of a suspension for that same seat... but I double checked after I made that post, and that seat is almost $400 for just the seat, no mounting hardware, not the plate it sits on... just the "chair" itself....... I don't spend that kind of time on the tractors to warrant that expense, besides I only spent 500 on one of the tractors it would be going on.... LOL.... (I doubled the value of my tractor..... what did you do..... I replaced the seat)..... Don't get me wrong, I have no problems spending money on my tractors.... but I can make better use of that 400 for other stuff.....

I like the looks of Charlies... and I like they fact that they are a quality product. I've seen the ones you get from any of the farms stores (Take your pick) and they start to crack and flake after just a couple of years.... and those aren't much less than Charlies.. My thought is if I pay $100 from one from the farm store, and I have to buy a new one in 5 years, or spend what Charlie is asking and I don't have to buy another one for 15 years.... which one is really the better buy and "cheaper".... sad thing is no one looks at stuff that way anymore. Its the Wal-Mart mentality...... I want it for as cheap as I can get it, and I want it yesterday..... or the if I cant "prime" it and have it in 2 days and at a rediclously low price, I don't want it. I'd rather send Charlie the $$$ and help he and Mrs. Charlie keep the heat on up there in FrostBite Falls........

I've bought two from Charlie, one of which was to replace a "similar" one from a farm store. Digger's are far better qualiy and they last. And, yes, we have to keep his heat on at FrostBite Falls. (I wonder if he is still paying off student loans from Whatsamatta U?)
:roflol:

I've bought two from Charlie, one of which was to replace a "similar" one from a farm store. Digger's are far better qualiy and they last. And, yes, we have to keep his heat on at FrostBite Falls. (I wonder if he is still paying off student loans from Whatsamatta U?)
:roflol:

Careful, he had Bullwinkle stuffed...

1613192261553-png.142059

Scott's fault - talking about keeping the heat on up there probably triggered some ptsd from that awful day! (Just kidding, Scott. I'm sure Charlie will never forget that.) But then he rebuilt; bigger, better, stronger! Still a dang shame about that big ol' back-surfin' Bullwinkle!

Scott's fault - talking about keeping the heat on up there probably triggered some ptsd from that awful day! (Just kidding, Scott. I'm sure Charlie will never forget that.) But then he rebuilt; bigger, better, stronger! Still a dang shame about that big ol' back-surfin' Bullwinkle!
He got replaced by a smaller 2 year old.
1615864416821.png

1615864439575.png

Here in New England we have "ME TV", Memorable Entertainment Television... they do the Popeye and Looney Tunes cartoons in the mornings.

That was a GREAT show!!
Mr. Know-It-All was great too!
Why cant we have kids cartoons like we used to have??
Because the coyote wanted to kill and eat the roadrunner and Elmer Fudd was always trying to kill the rabbit and all that violence against animals made many people unhappy.So today it's ok to have "war games" videos because it's ok to kill soldiers and call it a game...Did I say that right???

Back