• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Seat for cub cadet 122

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what do you mean "goofy"? :slanttongue:

That's an elegant style seat mount for the "roundy" fendered Cub Cadets, e.g., the Original, the 70/100, the 71, 72 and 73.

If you put the rubber seat on a 122, you will have to remove the "box" under the original seat. After that, you will have a heck of a time getting the bolt in the seat mount. There is very little space between the seat and the 122 frame where the "box" once was. BTDT!

DSCF4151copy.jpg

If you put the rubber seat on a 122, you will have to remove the "box" under the original seat. After that, you will have a heck of a time getting the bolt in the seat mount. There is very little space between the seat and the 122 frame where the "box" once was. BTDT!

View attachment 143299

Marty - now you got me wondering. If you had to go thru all that effort to mount that rubber seat to your 122, then how the heck does it mount on the 102?
I only ever recall having one 102, and didn't have it that long, but I'd swear it had the seat box and the seat would flip up. Guess we need to hear from all the 102ers out there.

The 102 seat does not flip up. I had forgotten this until Marty posted about how they mount. I only had my 102 for a month or so.

123_Brochure10a.jpg

123_Brochure13a.jpg

Kraig - well I guess that answers that. 102 seat doesn't have a box and doesn't flip up.

Steve - if your 1966 tires are not dry rotted it must be because of the special air they are holding. I recall back in the day (sometime in 1965, IH was experimenting with air that would keep tires from dry rotting. You must'a got some. What ever you do don't let it out - and don't tell your buddies because they'll probably try and swipe it. :wedgie:

Lonny still has the black Ohio seat, it was removed from the 383 before it sold..
Aslo still has the 1 row flex corn planter purchases from John Lang many moons ago.

Lonny, good to know you still have that seat. Wow, John Lang, have not heard that name in ages. Hope he is doing well.

So I completely forgot to get back to this one...yes, the 102 my parents have has the flip up seat. Granted, it's not the original seat but the mounting bracket and such is. I remembered putting wrenches and tools under the seat. :unsure:
It's just like this picture I found of a 122 off TractorData.
Untitled.png

Good thing they are talking tractor data. If they were talking implement data, they are missing the other half of that disc! :roflol:

So I completely forgot to get back to this one...yes, the 102 my parents have has the flip up seat. Granted, it's not the original seat but the mounting bracket and such is. I remembered putting wrenches and tools under the seat. :unsure:
It's just like this picture I found of a 122 off TractorData.

What the.........

Does this mean that maybe the later production 102's might have come with the fiberglass pan seat????

Back