• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Seat for cub cadet 122

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The correct seat for the 122 would be the fiberglass pan seat with the white vinyl upholstery with the blue edging. The 102 had the white rubber seat.

The fiberglass pan seat for the 122 looks like this:

Fiberglass Pan Seat.jpg

Do you have the blue edging? The blue edging is NLA and can be reused. If you still have the blue edging, take the seat and the edging to an upholstery shop and have them reupholster it like this. The lighting made it look a bit pink but it's white vinyl. The seam is required to get the vinyl to lay properly. It's about as close as you can get to the original.

Fiberglass Pan Seat_Reupholstered_01.jpg

Fiberglass Pan Seat_Reupholstered_02.jpg

Hey Steve - the rubber one you saw may have been the version they used on the 102 tractor. Kraig, Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos, probably has a pic of one as well. They were certainly really TOUGH seats. I think they are actually harder to find than the foam padded versions used on the 122 and 123.
Hopefully your fiberglass isn't cracked up to bad. I'm not sure an upholster would fix that.
And also make sure you've got good clean bolt studs coming out the bottom of your fiberglass, and that they don't spin around. (I'm not sure how they are held in place since I never had a 122 seat apart).

Harry saw the seat on Ebay very nice. Price very high. But worth it. And my Upholster looked at my seat month ago . He said he probably could not get seat perfect.

Hydro, the four seat mounting bolts are just embedded in the fiberglass. The heads are just round and very shallow so they can easily spin or even tear out.

Here's some photos of the rubber 102 seat. This is a 102 that I had back in 1999, I sold it to forum member Craig C., who I believe still has it.

cub102 Seat_01.jpg

cub102 Seat_02.jpg

I have two of those seats. One is the usual white one with the blue band. The other one is black, and is not painted! Is this black one a factory replacement for the original white one?

Kraig, Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - thanks for posting the pics of the rubber 102 seat. Was it also used on the 104 or did IH switch over to the same fiberglass pan seat used on the 122 and 124?

And while you're at it, what did you do about keeping the bolts from breaking free and rotating in your fantastic looking re-upholstered fiberglass pan seat? Once those little buggers break loose I think they cause the fiberglass to start cracking away and eventually the seat won't stay mounted.

I have two of those seats. One is the usual white one with the blue band. The other one is black, and is not painted! Is this black one a factory replacement for the original white one?

Marty - how about posting some pics of the black rubber seat you have. I've never seen or heard of one being black.

Hydro, the 104 used the same fiberglass pan seat as the 122, 123, 105, 124 and 125.

So far the bolts in that seat are fine. I have that seat in storage for safe keeping waiting for me to finish the refurb of my #1 125.

Lonny Buttke had a black rubber seat (Ohio Rubber Seat) on a 383 Hydro Cadet that he had for sale some years back.

Lonny's black seat

That pic That Kraig posted. Got it. But not touching the 122. Until that 1450 is finished. And who knows when that will be. remodeling house. Painting house. Adding a new paint dept to our business. As we get older. It only gets worst.

Harry,
I wouldn't do this for just anyone. I went out into the cold rain to take these pics just for you. :errrr:

Marty, Marty, Marty - Oh 2nd Great One and Taker of the Photos of Rarity:
I don't care what Kraig says, you come up with some of the best photos of RARE items.
Those rubber seats (at least the white ones) didn't feel real comfortable to me, but were probably better than a steel pan seat. The nice thing about them is that they are really tough and probably last just about forever. I think your extremely rare black one looks pretty nice on your 100.
AND speaking of your 100, did you intentionally include that really rare splined rear PTO in your pic of the black rubber seat?
In one of your photos you see the splined output shaft and in the other photo you see the engagement lever (as long as you know what you're looking for - of course Kraig would have put a red circle around it).
Nice!!!!!

Harry,
I can't help that the pto is so close to the seat. IH made it that way. :roflol:
My resources are no where near what Kraig has! I would like to find out more about the black Ohio seat though.
You are right about the rubber seat being a little more comfortable than the pan seat. When you get our age, you need all the help you can get. :errrr:

Back