• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Seafoam.... to use or not to use, that is the question.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, just looks, feels, and smells like it. Did you compare the sheets on both?

Yes. Two major components of MMO are heavy napthenic petroleum distillates and stoddard solvent, with a few other trace chemicals. Four or five different ATF formulations I found data for have light paraffinic petroleum distillates. Both of those cover a wide range of products and are not the same thing.

Cool, thanks for looking it up. So the majority of it is very similar meaning not dissimilar enough to make a big difference. Like havoline and valvoline. One is parrafin based and the other is ash based. Different but not by much and both do pretty much the same job in practice.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for looking it up. So the majority of it is very similar meaning not dissimilar enough to make a big difference. Like havoline and valvoline. One is parrafin based and the other is ash based. Different but not by much and both do pretty much the same job in practice.

More different than that. Butane and motor oil are both petroleum distillates but obviously not the same thing.

More different than that. Butane and motor oil are both petroleum distillates but obviously not the same thing.
One has parrafin (ATF) and the other has napthene (MMO). Saying they are as different as butane and motor oil is disingenuous. They are much more in line to my comparison between havoline and valvoline, two motor oils. Like I said at the start...basically the same thing. And if you're using it as some "I don't know how it works but it works" cure all, MMO and ATF are the same exact thing.

Latest posts

Back