• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Scrappy came, Shadow went

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
We had to lay our Shadow to rest because of a fast moving cancer in her left hip. Some of the grief has been displaced by Scrappy, who came to live with us about 6 weeks before Shad crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I think that if I ever get another "pet" it will be a tortoise or a parrot - something that has a better chance of outliving me.
happy.gif

298677.jpg

I grew up with dogs and cats and the death. My wife did not and she is devastated when one dies. It's heartbreaking but life goes on.

Ya that can be a real bitch. I've lost track of all the cats mainly, and a couple dogs that died on their own or had to be put to sleep. I'm at a point in life where there will not be any replacement for pets that exit this life.

It's been a rotten summer. Believe it or not, the morning of the evening that we had the vet come to help Shad cross the Rainbow Bridge my brother in law died under the rear tire of a tractor. Don T. got the great scare. Jeanne almost lost the sight in her left eye. All the questions have been answered in the main forum so the lights have been turned off. Obama is still President. Is there anywhere to go but up?
happy.gif

Frank, my condolences on the loss of Shadow and your brother in law.
sad.gif

Thanks, Kraig. It was a double whammy. As much as we'll miss Shad, she was our loss. Tim's loss was a loss the the world (as we know it).

Every time one of my pets dies another seems to show up. This time a kitten that someone must have dumped. It has a personalty unlike I've ever seen in a cat. It's more like a trusty dog. You might consider adopting a pet, they can be fun and bring enjoyment in your life.

Bill, in this case the planets aligned. We had no idea that Shadow had a tumor. Between x-rays we were asked if we knew of a place that Scrappy could go that had room for him to run (thinly veiled email).
happy.gif

Frank C. Angel and I also send our condolences.

And.... no... not ALL the questions have been answered on the Main Forum. Jim Harder never got back to us to answer if he fixed his friend's 782 Cub Cadet bad hydro valve. There will always be someone out there that just bought their first Cub Cadet or needs to ask a question that we've answered in the past. That is what makes this site THE BEST!!! Someone is always there with the knowledge and patience to guide others. Also some people can't just say what they need help with due to the way they communicate. Believe me... as a Trainer at work, I've run into some people that catch on immediately and others take time. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION.

Off to work... Be SAFE and enjoy the day. God does not promise us our next breath.
happy.gif

Thanx, Marlin & All. Marlin, your comment about teaching struck a chord. As a youngster (doing the math I'm talking about 55 years ago) I did chores after school on a farm that had horses. When is came to the final cleanup, the little bit that was left to throw out, I honestly had a hard time comprehending to just sweep the <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> up against the wall so I could use the wall as a backstop for the shovel. Did I have a poor teacher or was I a poor student? Trick question - we were both poor!
happy.gif

Frank...Sorry to hear about your loss of Shadow. We too just lost our 2 1/2 y.o. German Shorthair Pointer. I feel your pain. We just take it a day at a time. Wish you the best.

Back