• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Scrapping out CC 169

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve parted 169 models In the past it happens and you’ve got to do what’s best for you.
Sorry guys that’s just the realty you can’t keep everything.
That's true. On the other end of the spectrum is to attempt to save as many as possible. They are not making them anymore. This one does not appear to have very much serious wrong with it. Some just are too far gone to make it a wise move to save them. Parting them out does make far more sense than to let scrappers just demolish it without any of the parts living on to make others live longer.

It would probably cost upwards if $500 to $1k just to get that Cub freighted to the east coast or Midwest.
There has got to be someone out there in that neck of the woods that's into Cubs.
Toss it up on face book or C/L with a price and see what happens.

Sorry guys that’s just the realty you can’t keep everything.
Wanna bet? 😁😁😁😁

ok your right but it kills me to see something that could make a good machine or still pretty much is be parted or scrapped. Some of this stuff is getting old enough that it's getting harder to find so whats left should be saved if it's reasonably easy to do so.

They ain't making any more of them. Some folks act like there will be another around the corner for $25 but that isn't always the case any more. Just my opinion I will get of my soap box now. 🙂

Quite possibly junking our CC 169 as we cannot get anyone to work on it and/or adjust the transmission. I have carefully looked at the numbered items Digger sent and I cannot do any of them. Wife is now looking for used garden tractors on our Marketplace as our Yanmar is a bit too big to pull a cart where she wants to go. The Cub Cadet was an instrumental part of our two acres for over 19 years other than snapping three driveshafts, has been virtually trouble free until now...
Called a repair shop we've used once many years ago in Auburn, CA and he understands the linkage so we're going to take it to him along with Digger's link and numbers to look for. Here's hoping. BTW, in a year or two any motor less than 26 HP will be forbidden to sell. Seems like some woman in a high position hates any internal combustion engines...

Called a repair shop we've used once many years ago in Auburn, CA and he understands the linkage so we're going to take it to him along with Digger's link and numbers to look for. Here's hoping. BTW, in a year or two any motor less than 26 HP will be forbidden to sell. Seems like some woman in a high position hates any internal combustion engines...
This is a good thing! 19 years is longer than a lot of marriages last!! Good luck! :)

I didn't check the forum for a few days. It looks like you are going to get it fixed, correct? If not let me know and I may be able to get up there to help. What exactly is wrong with it?

I had a Cub Cadet 1000 with a 44" mower deck shipped out to me from Calumet City, Illinois to where I live now in Felton, CA. It's a long story but I used that 1000 at a neighbor's house to mow their lawn growing up. They treated us like their grandchildren and were part of the family. I was given that 1000 and had it shipped here. Every time I get on it I am 16 again. It was worth every penny to ship it here and I'll never regret it.

Later I found a basket case 1450 with a tiller and a box scraper. I took it down to the frame and did amechanical restoration. It needs paint pretty bad but works great. I found that Fastenal does third party shipping on the cheap. It was rebuilt with parts from the Midwest shipped through Fastenal.

Let me know how I can help.

Bob

I didn't check the forum for a few days. It looks like you are going to get it fixed, correct? If not let me know and I may be able to get up there to help. What exactly is wrong with it?

I had a Cub Cadet 1000 with a 44" mower deck shipped out to me from Calumet City, Illinois to where I live now in Felton, CA. It's a long story but I used that 1000 at a neighbor's house to mow their lawn growing up. They treated us like their grandchildren and were part of the family. I was given that 1000 and had it shipped here. Every time I get on it I am 16 again. It was worth every penny to ship it here and I'll never regret it.

Later I found a basket case 1450 with a tiller and a box scraper. I took it down to the frame and did amechanical restoration. It needs paint pretty bad but works great. I found that Fastenal does third party shipping on the cheap. It was rebuilt with parts from the Midwest shipped through Fastenal.

Let me know how I can help.

Bob
Thank you, Bob! We are going to take the CC to a repair shop in Auburn, about 24 miles south of us. He seemed to understand the problem. As it drives in forward but will not go in reverse, he sez rules out the transmission and must be in the linkage. His big concern is getting parts but just perhaps this site can help...

I assure you that parts availability will be the least of your issues. Just about every part for 1961-1997 Cubs are readily available if you are willing to part with some coin.

How did you make out with this tractor?
We'll know in a couple of weeks. The shop is real busy but he found out some problems. The carb had to be rebuilt of which we knew. The transmission linkage had a broken spring and missing nut which was locking the left brake. He got it up and running and it now goes back into reverse! After that is two new rear tires and fluid and maybe a muffler. The muffler has a hole in it and I cut up a big can and strapped it around the hole...

Compared to most other things, CC are easy to bring back to life and keeping more alive helps to keep the market for repair parts viable.

Back