• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

RZT VT 50”

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been thinking about a zero-turn for a while and found one on a local marketplace listing. Photos do not look too bad (not beat to pieces) and the price is good — but in the listing it states that the mower is “low on power on the right side”…. Not sure why it would operate well on one side and not the other??? I don’t mind doing repairs to a used machine to make it as reliable as possible, but I also don’t want to purchase a machine that would cost more to fix than it’s worth! I am pretty sure if anyone has any insight on this problem it would be someone here! Thanks for looking, and advice greatly appreciated.

Ed

Ed, what is very relative is how much work are you willing to do (or can do..)I just refurbed an 06 cub zt .Owner said the same ,less pwr on 1 wheel...There are for most hydros rebuild kits for around (?) 350..Most new units cost 600 plus.They are not too difficult to redo.but the one I had apart was a inside gear had come loose for some unknown..I put things back in place ,put new seals in and it was good....There are a couple of good vids on utube...If you buy it right and put in a new hydro how much will you save compared to a new zt???A lot I'm guessing...You have to admit most guys don't wrench anymore...If you know model you can chase costs...

Ed, 2 yrs ago I bought a skag with bad engine for 300 (owners fault)..bought a new Kaw. on sale for 1200..Ended up with 1500 in a machine that could have easily sold for 4000.. but did this for a daughter..She paid the bill I got a hug..oh well...

Back