• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

ROTH'S MODEL W GARDEN KING

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICKY WINGERT

are there many people out there that have any experience on this tractor? I have a 1949 or later that I am in the process of restoring. I would like to know how to remove the wheels to replace the tires. these are 2 piece wheels and from I can tell, the hub has to be removed, am I correct? Thanks Rick

Roth Grader - Other Brand Tractor Forum - GTtalk

Ricky, WELCOME! Interesting tractor, I have never heard of those before.

Hi there, yes it is, also has a lot of memories. Family tells me my grandfather bought it new from
Chambersburg Implement Company Chambersburg PA. i have found this a hard tractor to research.
only thing i can find is ROTHS INDUSTRY. From what i can tell it is a 1949 model.
Thanks for showing interest Rick

That is so cool, I LOVE "Orphan" tractors and I haven't seen one of those before. I would think that yes, you'd have to remove the bolts and get it off the hub. But with some effort you might be able to remove the tire from the wheel with the wheel still on the tractor. Wish you were closer as I'd love to see it firsthand and I'd help you with the tires. Thanks for the picture too!

i was not taking a chance to try to change tire without removing wheel. these are cast wheels, and if i damage one, probably be hard to fine and may have to buy another tractor to get one, lol. but i did finally get hubs removed. with a big puller and a lot, and i mean a lot of BP BASTER, all is good. these wheels were designed to be removed with hub and wheel in one piece and then split apart in 3 pieces, but over 70 years of rust said other wise.
my grandfather must have been looking down on me today, this was his tractor :) thanks for you interest, Rick

Back