• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Roll pin problem on Model 1811

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdtaylor

Roll pin problem on Model 1811. The roll pin (1/4 x 1 1/2) that fits in the coupling (cast) on the output shaft of the Hydro wants to fall out after running for a short period of time. I have had the problem before, replaced roll pin with the correct size (1/4 x 1/1/2) and it has lasted for over two years. I have MIC'd the roll pin so I know it is .025 OD.

Could a 'soft' bolt replace the roll pin without causing problems with the Hydro? Thanks.

First off, are you using a Spirol pin (coiled roll pin) or just a roll pin? If your using the roll pin, that is likely the problem, replace it with the proper Spirol pin. If you aleady have the proper Spirol pin, install a safety wire through the hole in the Spirol pin.

As others mentioned use a spiral pin not a roll pin. Run a little mechanic’s wire through the spiral pin center and connect it to itself. This will prevent the pin from falling out. Based on my experience if the pin is falling out easily there is often wear in some driveline parts. You might want to carefully look at the driveline. Honestly the best way is to remove it from the tractor and check. Maybe the coupler holes are enlarged, maybe the bushing inside the coupler is worn.

I am no expert but the wear seems to allows the couplers to twist slightly which seems to work the pins out. Again just my observation.
Good luck and let us know.

Back