• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

ROCKFORD PLOW DAY April 14th, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith,

No worries man. I've been the guy stranded at the back of the field, in the dark, out of gas and battery to crank it. One of the Deere guys (Rob Dehli and his son) was kind enough to stick around and give me a hand. LOL! It was my first year and we were new to the whole thing. Everyone is really helpful and love to rib one another. Look forward to seeing ya there!

Gas
Very important when its parade lap time
and at Travis"
it's a loooooong way to the other end of the field
But yes....there is always good people with support vehicles to lend a hand
OOO...plow Day...nothing like it!!!

Well, if it rains here, or we have a major breakdown at the plant and shuts us down w/anhydrous, and it don't over there, I can probably make it, no promises.

Told Les, my oldest son, he should load up a couple Cubs, pick up his buddy he drives with and head on over, he'll be home and has never been to a big PD.

Fingers are crossed at this point

Brian & Mick,
Thanks for the support. I played in this playground many years ago so I'm familiar with the fun that is a part of all of this. I think I parted out the old Cub 129+ in the early 2000's - maybe 2004 or 2005.

Suffice it to say that the green paint device I've cobbled together has had a inclination to bleed a LOT. I had it apart again last week and the leaking seems to have stopped. Either I fixed it really goodly this time OR I just gave up and didn't bother to put any oil back in the d*mn thing. Might have been the beer can count got high enough I was just happy enough to call it good.... I suspect we'll know pretty early on Friday the 13th - my lucky day!

Dave thought you were retired???
What’s this worrying about havin to be at work
Its one Saturday, you miss this your missin a big one

Yeah, Mick, I know it!!
Blunier's is coming up this year (I Hope!!) and I can make that one for sure w/the camper like the last one.

After all, where do you think the extra $$$ comes from so I can restore a Cub every year??
I'm like on number 4 now!!

10 days till Rockford.....
Weather really looks iffy though from what I have been able to tell from the 10 day forecast.

This surely is the "spring from hell', so far.

My neighbor did plant 4 rows of spuds though last Friday!

Travis sent me a pic with what looked like 4-6" of snow on the ground at his house today.......hope it warms up soon!!!!!

Come on Steve, we have plowed under snow at Travis's in the past. lol

We had around 3 inches here around Madison, two days of 40 degree days and except for a couple shady areas the snow is ALL gone! Next week is supposed to be warm, and after this weekend, Dry.

I bet it plows nice on the 14th.

Made a round to Des Moines and back yesterday w/a DOT plow truck. Did not see even one tractor in the field w/any tool bars or NH3 equipment.

We/I have not been called to deliver anything yet and last year this time we were going strong already IIRC.

PD field was disked last fall...so a LOT more dirt on top that we are use to........could dry out fast, could dry out slow.......either way Travis will make the call and we'll go from there.....

Hi guys...I've been watching and taking in lots of info from here. I've got lots of irons in the fire, but I need to get my feet wet and start plowing. I'm planning on being in Rockford for the 14th. So far all I've done is spectating. I need to get my plow set up, so I need the Steve Blunier set up instructions. Help me out.

Thanks Steve....But I'm not too sharp on the terminology ie. FAQ.....but I did scrounge around and I think I got it. 8 in block on the left side...1 1/2 in on the right side under the wheels and adjust the plow to set flat. Hows that sound?

Cancelled due to weather in IA....better luck next time!

Held my own 'party of one' plow day yesterday. Took my off-topic creation out to Dad's farm and spent some time plowing. I'm happy to report that all worked well - nothing broke or fell off - which is good. The B&S Twin pulled nicely - I have the governor set to about 3,800 rpm with no load and it pulled down to 3,540-3,560 rpm with plow in the ground and full hydro. It was a beautiful day and it was nice to finally have this thing do the job I built it to do.

Yep, me to
north of my house is a huge bean field, I think I turned 3 acres this year, just going out every now and then,make a few rounds. Last night, I turned the last 4, the farmer who owns it started planting the west side Friday,
Sure is fun, My 122 with the transplanted 18 v twin is a lot of fun. Like Mr. Bluiner says, There"s nothing more peaceful, and fun , then plowing
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back