• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rewire

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjharvey

displayname
John Harvey
how can I safely rewire my model 1000 with a push button and on-off kill switch? It has a 10hp kohler engine.

Pulling a 1000?
1a_scratchhead.gif

i bought the tractor recently and the ignition switch was bad so I tried to put a push button on it. all the wiring got caught up in the drive shaft and I really don't know how to fix it, I spent what I had on it and I think the kill switch and push button would be a cheap fix but i lack the knowledge. i

coffee.gif

Quietline Wiring
If we start here:
245360.jpg

Maybe as the group wakes up someone will keep this post going. Another thanks to Roland Bedell.
wave.gif

Greater love hath no man than he:
Who helps his wife make an apron for their daughter?
245432.jpg

Now can we help John Harvey, or do you think we'll ever see him, again?
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Great Pic, Frank! Shall we post it on the "Put a Face with a Name" thread?

Seriously, I really am LAUGHING OUT LOUD!

Not only do you have a lot of love, you have a lot of guts to post the picture!

But we're still not helping John Harvey. However, it's been a wonderful day, here. I think I'll write JH off unless he comes back again.
1a_violin.gif

thank you for the wiring diagram. I already have one available. I saw a video on u tube where the guy took out all the wring and rewired using a toggle switch and push button. I would like to do this with the cub but my big concern is that it doesn't use a system with an alternator like the one illustrated in the video. I don't want to cause any more damage than has already been done. Thanks for any input anyone can give.

coffee.gif

John Harvey: I'll risk breaking the forum, again.
happy.gif

A couple reasons you're question isn't getting much (useful) response:
#1: Your 1000 really belongs in the main forum, not down here with the Lawn Tractors.
#2: Most of us have found that it's "pay now or pay later". If you keep the tractor, sooner or later you're going to want to make it "right" (especially if you hang around this bunch). If you sell the tractor, your Jerry-rig will detract from its resale value.
Pics help. If you have trouble resizing and uploading, someone here will help.
happy.gif

John Harvey: If you preserve the connectors, you can always go back with a key. I can see some value in the toggle/PB approach, however, you must make sure it is left in the OFF position.

Wire the Battery to one side of both switches; wire the other side of the toggle switch to both the positive side of the coil and the PTO side of the PTO switch; wire the other side of the Push Button to the Brake Switch side of the PTO Switch, then you can throw away your key and your Key Switch. You can also turn the motor over without the ignition being energized.

(Note: You could run all new wire to make these connections just to see if you liked it; and put the key, Key Switch, and wires on the shelf so that you can re-install the key switch when you get ready to sell the tractor.)

Just a thought. . .

Frank. well you are quite the MAN ..modeling aprons. its a very nice apron by the way...makes for happy baking and cooking, right? now, you sure its for your daughter? you look mighty happy wearin' it and looks like you're about ready to break out in a dance and take a few twirls around the kitchen. for all we do know, you might be doing just that in the wee hours of the night when no one is around to catch you on film?

angel.gif

Frank,that apron looks so cute on you. Pink is a good color for you. Maybe you should join in on my Pink CC and paint one for you too ? I think the apron would look good on a Pink CC ;)

Latest posts

Back