• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Retired

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple years later, .... your redoing it again ? Short life span.
I "finished " it the 1st time in 1988. It took 1st place at the Studebaker National Meet in South Bend, Ind that year. It was my daily-driver from 1988-1997, a total of 134K miles. Then, a "mechanic" at the shop I was working at... was showing some of his customers my Supercharged engine. He did not get the hood closed correctly... so when I hit the interstate- the hood folded up over the roof. It broke the windshield, severely gouged the tops of both fenders, broke the grille and hood ornament. The mechanic quit and disappeared rather than pay for the repairs. It took weeks for me to be in the same room with it.

It had been sitting since then. I had moved on to other projects (another '61 Hawk- wife's, a 1960 Champ pickup-mine, and a '63 sliding-roof Wagonaire- ours. Those were/are in front of me repairing the Red '61... so eventually (2017) I sold it.

Wife's '61 Hawk - "before"
Herhawk-B.jpg

Her Hawk - "after" 1st place Studebaker National Meet, Dearborne, Michigan 387/400 points.
Herhawk-A.jpg

My Ugly Truck- still in progress....
Trtsideback.jpg

Our 1963 Studebaker Wagonaire- Her daily driver from 1993-2001
wagon7e-T.jpg

We have since sold the wagon, but purchased another 1966 Wagonaire, that I will build after I retire at the end of this year (hopefully). It will be our Retirement/Touring car.

Early 60s plastic Chevrolets sell quickly if one needs a change of scenery . I have two IH components, the Cadet and an early Low Boy. Keeping them in running condition is time consuming. The dozen Chevrolets are stacked in the garage keeping floor space for the maintenance operations.
All most bought a 53 Studebaker coupe once but wife voted against it. Should have paid the balance and trailered it home. Style is so futuristic .

Latest posts

Back