• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Restoring Cub Cadet 149 that I am picking up this week in Tennessee.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Piper

IHCC Supporter
As you can see, my name is Mark. I'm a retired Coal Mine Operations Manager and have a very mechanical background. I got bit with the restoring bug by restoring my Dad's 1050 John Deere. I came to the realization that standing back and looking at each piece restored brought out a sense of pride that I dearly love to feel. The Cub 149 that I have bought is about 250 miles away, so I will pick it up this week. I logged and photographed the John Deere restoration and plan on doing the same with the 149. I know all the places for JD used parts but I'm ignorant as to where all the IH Cub parts will be found. Hopefully some of you will take me under your wing and bestow that information on me. As a kid, we owned an original Cub Cadet and breaking that toothed belt always meant a chewing out for me as they were very expensive. I wanted a 149 or a 169 to restore because of the Hydraulic Lift. If God allows me to finish the restoration I plan on fabricating a 3 Point System for a Brinly Plow and Disk. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or wisdom you send my way. If I can do anything for you, ask and ye shall receive. Keep watching for the pictures and walk with me or lead me thru this.

Welcome Mark!

There is a ton of info here. Go to the forums tab above, then select IHCub Cadet Tractor forum. The first six threads are packed full of useful info, and tractors/items to drool over.

Also at the forums tab, you will find an IH Cub Cadet forum Sponsor Directory. Our sponsors offer new parts, used parts, optimizing parts, stories of awesome restorations, and implement lifts and components.

Spend some time reviewing our FAQs. You will not believe how much info is there, or how often you will refer to them. Cohere is also a manuals section with tons of info scanned in from original manuals.

Good luck with your 149, and good choice.

Cohere is also a manuals section with tons of info scanned in from original manuals.
Not sure what I must have typed to make apple think I wanted to say cohere...I think I meant THERE is also a manuals section...

Welcome to the forum, Mark. By chance can you share a pic or two of your tractor?

Welcome Mark!

There is a ton of info here. Go to the forums tab above, then select IHCub Cadet Tractor forum. The first six threads are packed full of useful info, and tractors/items to drool over.

Also at the forums tab, you will find an IH Cub Cadet forum Sponsor Directory. Our sponsors offer new parts, used parts, optimizing parts, stories of awesome restorations, and implement lifts and components.

Spend some time reviewing our FAQs. You will not believe how much info is there, or how often you will refer to them. Cohere is also a manuals section with tons of info scanned in from original manuals.

Good luck with your 149, and good choice.
Thanks so much for that Info. I look forward to talking more with you in the future

Back