• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Replacing Mechanical Pto, with electric on 127 cub ?

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

raporter

displayname
Rich a. Porter
Can anyone fill me in on converting a mechanical pto over to electric pto? I'm getting too old to rebuild, and thought electric would be simpler.?? My stepson has my old 127,and the pto won't engage, and he isn't able to repair it, so I'm going to. Thanks !!

kharvey

displayname
Kendal Harvey
Rebuilding the PTO is not a difficult job. Removing it from the engine is likely the hardest part and you would have to do anyway. As far as I know converting to electric PTO would involve changing to a engine from a much newer tractor
that did not use a starter generator.

raporter

displayname
Rich a. Porter
I have rebuilt a pto clutch before, but now i am not able, Why would I need to change engines,??

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
The block does not have the tapped mounting holes for the PTO clutch. It is possible the older blocks do not have the material in the block there as provisions for them. The starter/generator pulley is also still necessary and would be in the way of mounting an electric clutch.

Years ago I remember seeing one person that had done it and kept the starter/generator engine as opposed to putting in a later version, but it would be a LOT more work than simply rebuilding the existing mechanical clutch.

CC specialties sells rebuilt mechanical clutches, FYI...

raporter

displayname
Rich a. Porter
Matt, thanks for all the info,I will check out cc speciaties

jbland

displayname
Jonn A Bland
I agree it would be much easier to rebuild the mechanical clutch

ekincaid

displayname
Ethan Kincaid
Ditto on the rebuild did it a few years ago now on my 125 and its held up fine.Swapping engines would indeed be a much bigger PIA .

Latest posts

Group builder