• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Replacing belt from gear box to large pulley on #1 CC Tiller

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdtaylor

Help on replacing belt from gear box to large pulley on #1 IH CC tiller. What is necessary in order to make adjustment to allow putting this on? Tiller mounts to 1650 cadet. I see nothing to allow any movement other than what is stated on depth adjustment in #1 owner's manual.

Here's a pic of my 2B tiller. The circled T handle loosens and tightens the belt, so if you loosen it enough you should be in luck.

20200414_185222.jpg

In Greg LIppert's picture, the bolt going through the long silver cylindrical spacer through the tiller frame can sometimes have been tightened so much that the adjuster doesn't move the mechanism, to loosen or tighten it. I usually have to loosen it, make the adjustment, and re-tighten so I won't lose the nuts off of the bolt while tilling. I also seem to have to remove the guard each time to get the belt onto the tiller pulley.

Reynold - Excellent point. I forgot to mention that. I also have to loosen that bolt, and remove the guard. Thanks for sharing that. Knowing where the adjustment handle is wouldn't help much if he can't turn it!

Reynold - Excellent point. I forgot to mention that. I also have to loosen that bolt, and remove the guard. Thanks for sharing that. Knowing where the adjustment handle is wouldn't help much if he can't turn it!
Yeah, took me a while to figure that out. Now I'm thinking about the pain it is, getting the washer and nut back on the bolt . . . I'm going to try a long-enough-to-grab steel strip washer and an R-pin instead of the nut and washer. If I set it for the right amount of tightness, will be easier to work with.

Back