• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Remove and Replace Drive Shaft on 127 Cub Cadet

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drive out pins in each end of shaft. I replaced with quarter inch #5 bolts and nylon insert lock nuts. Disconnect clutch rod. Mark or measure where nut was. Disconnect the part where this all hangs on. The whole shaft WILL slide out the right side right behind the generator. You DO NOT have to loosen the engine mount bolts. Done this numerous times. Replace clutch plate,maybe the pressure plates, thrust bearing, teaser spring, cup spacer AND the bushing on the end of the shaft where it fits into engine. New roll pins in shaft...suppose to use spiral pins. Only the dealer has these. I did not get new pressure plates...I resurfaced them by holding them on a stationary belt sander! 🤔
Dealer only? Who knew. (y)
1606850084133.png

Drive out pins in each end of shaft. I replaced with quarter inch #5 bolts and nylon insert lock nuts. Disconnect clutch rod. Mark or measure where nut was. Disconnect the part where this all hangs on. The whole shaft WILL slide out the right side right behind the generator. You DO NOT have to loosen the engine mount bolts. Done this numerous times. Replace clutch plate,maybe the pressure plates, thrust bearing, teaser spring, cup spacer AND the bushing on the end of the shaft where it fits into engine. New roll pins in shaft...suppose to use spiral pins. Only the dealer has these. I did not get new pressure plates...I resurfaced them by holding them on a stationary belt sander! 🤔

Bolts in the driveshaft will ruin the driveshaft, couplers and transmission input shaft, long-term. I would highly recommend replacing them with the correct parts before you tear up all of the parts by running a bolt in there.

McMaster-Carr also has the spirol pins. Search for "Heavy Duty Coiled Spring Pins". It is generally cost effective to buy the bag of 25 over individual pins from a dealer or hardware store, especially if you have two or more tractors.

Latest posts

Back