• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Regulator Blown Fuse????

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbertalotto

displayname
Rberrtalotto
I finished the mild renovation of my IH CC 782 yesterday. I rewired the entire tractor, adding a fuse block to the system.

IMG_20200501_145257727.jpg

I fused the lights, the gauges, the coil 12V feed and the REGULATOR feed to the battery.

I also installed a 50A circuit breaker at the battery as a "Dead Man" switch and to protect the starter wiring and the fuse block wiring

IMG_20200501_145336128_HDR.jpg

I deleted the ignition switch and went with a "Push To Start" system.....Turn coil on, hit start switch....engine running....Turn on regulator..... Could this sequence I'm using be an issue? Should the regulator be on before the start sequence?

IMG_20200501_182428253.jpg

I inserted a 15A fuse on the line from the Regulator to the battery. After about 15 minutes of run, the 15A fuse blew.

Not sure if it blew during a start up or while the tractor was running.

The size of the factory wire from the regulator to the battery would suggest we are not looking at a lot of current here.

My regulator is outputting 14.2V. I installed a switch on this regulator to battery feed if this might have any bearing.

Anyone have any idea what might have happened?

Could possible be that engine has the 25 amp alternator?
I know my 782 does.

As far as I know, it doesn't have an alternator. I certainly don't see one. The 20a fuse has been fine all morning. Fingers crossed!

Thank you. I had no idea it had a true "alternator" ....I thought it just had a field coil type system...

Back