• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Red Tail light covers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David - yup those are some aftermarket lenses I've seen before that look to be the same size and shape, but they have that big circular eye/ring in the center of the lens instead of the small rectangular smooth shape area like in the center of the original lenses.

For the real diehards that haven't search the archives for all the info here's what you need to know:

The original reflectors IH used starting with the 1x8/9 series were made by Reflect-O-Lite and stamped along the top edge with the following name and letter/numbering:
"Reflect-O-Lite 378 SAE-P1-A-70"
I believe this is the lens that was used throughout the production run of the 1x8/9 series since it ran thru Oct. 1974 when the Quiet Line series was introduced. I also believe the early Quiet Line tractors used this lens but sometime in 1975 Reflect-O-Lite updated the lens certification to the following:
"Reflect-O-Lite 378 SAE-P1-A-75" (the 75 number indicating the year of certification).

Then at some point in time the Reflect-O-Lite company was bought out by Bargman. As far as I know the Bargman lenses had the following stamping:
"Bargman 378 SAE-P2-A-75"
I haven't seen any Bargman lenses that have a P1 instead of the P2.

Bargman company was later purchased by another lens company but I don't believe they changed the Bargman name stamped into the lenses.

Here's a few pics of the original Reflect-O-Lite lenses. Sorry I don't recall who I got these pics from. In the last pic you can see the original bases which seem to be stamped with certification year 67 so there may be earlier versions of the lens itself.
1st 378 SAE-P1-A-70 adj1.jpg
3rd 378 SAE-P1-A-70 adj1.jpg
378 SAE-P1-A-70 original.jpg

Last edited:
Levine Auto and Truck Lighting is located in Danbury CT. The website is levineautoandtrucklighting.com. The light modules I bought are Peterson V2546R and cost $4.99 each plus $4.91 shipping. I'm very happy with the circular pattern versus the rectangular because from 25 feet you can't tell the difference.

I just tried looking up the Peterson V2546R at Levine and nothing comes up. When I googled for info a few sites come up that may have it, but it looks like Peterson has discontinued it now as well.

Back