• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Recognize snow thrower?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinpittman

displayname
Justin
Anyone recognize this snow thrower? Haban?

"HMN" stamp makes me think it is a Haban. Warning labels are clear but I cannot find any make/model stamp anywhere. I've checked manuals but found no pictures that look like this model. It came with my 127 so I assume fits narrow body from the 70s.

Note that the thrower turning arm is on the _left_ side, and is wired based.

IMG_20211201_161937873.jpg

IMG_20211201_161537733.jpg

That is an H36 snowthrower for the 182, 282, 382, and similar lawn tractors. It will not fit any of the garden tractor models.

Dangit. Looking at the H36 manual again and its pic does look like what I've got. Not sure how I missed that.

So a no go for my 127 :(

Indeed.

I'm pushing snow with the 42" blade but my right bicep is going to be HUGE by the end of winter. Uneven gravel driveway so the blade catches & needs a lift. It's a workout.

The spring assist should work with any manual lift attachment? Assuming I can find one ...

Indeed.

I'm pushing snow with the 42" blade but my right bicep is going to be HUGE by the end of winter. Uneven gravel driveway so the blade catches & needs a lift. It's a workout.

The spring assist should work with any manual lift attachment? Assuming I can find one ...
I plow with the same blade on my127...that spring assist is a must. Make sure you find an IH ,not a brinley

Just an FYI. In order for a Brinly spring assist to mount onto your Cub Cadet, it must have a rear lift installed. Nothing wrong with the Brinly spring assist with regards to function. The IH lift does use a bigger spring so it technically can do more assisting. Both will assist the lifting of any front, mid or rear attachment. Obviously a rear lift is required for the mounting of rear attachments.

Here's the IH "Narrow Frame" spring assist. This mounts on the left hand side of the tractor and connects to the lift rockshaft, no rear lift required to install. (Note there is a different style spring assist for a Wide Frame Cub Cadet, the one pictured below is for a Narrow Frame.)

IH_Spring Assist_01.jpg

Brinly spring assist. This attaches to the right hand side of the Cub Cadet and connects onto the lift bar for the rear lift so a rear lift must be installed in order to install the Brinly spring assist.

Brinly_Spring Assist_01.jpg

Good to see the differences, so thx for posting those pics Kraig.

I went ahead and ordered a new IH assist from Charlie. No reason to wait around trying to find a an original used one b/c my 127 is a daily driver not a show tractor.

Back