• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rebuilding pto

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 108 that has a 12hp k301. The pto needs rebuilt, need some help locating a kit or parts to do it. It has the 2 triangle springs in the front. Kit I found for $95 seemed to be for the other type. Parts on Cub Cadet site were going to be higher than the $225 a total rebuilt one is. Can I do this myself for a reasonable price,and where to get parts? Or do I dump $225 in one already done? Thanks for the help.
IMG_9071.jpeg

I don’t think it’s the brake style.
Nope it's not, but it's toast because the bearing it rest on is not in the correct spot on the crank shaft and buggered up the center spring, which in turn made it get way out of adjustment. The bearing has to be dead flush with the end of the crank shaft.
http://cubfaq.com/mechanical_pto.html
1685064041254.png

Yep. Thanks for all the info. I’m going to figure out everything I need and will be ordering one from you once I save enough pennies or get my wife to give me a loan. So busy right now, cost and time wise, one of yours looks like a nice deal. Thanks again.
IMG_9113.png

Yep. Thanks for all the info. I’m going to figure out everything I need and will be ordering one from you once I save enough pennies or get my wife to give me a loan. So busy right now, cost and time wise, one of yours looks like a nice deal. Thanks again. View attachment 154129
Yep, that would do it. 👍

Make sure that large internal snap ring is in the PTO hub! You can get the assembly in place without it, but without it you'll never get the hub and bearing in the proper location on the shaft!! Been there; done that!!

Back