• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rear rototiler

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impalla1960

I just picked up an IH rear rototiller but I don’t know how it mounts up to the tractor any help would be greatly appreciated

Here is what I have

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 278
i toss this up here as iam sure... to get the tines off .. will...... yeah i dont see it happening.. or very very very hard..
but
i tacked on a 1/8 pipe nipple. drilled the hole thru the case. then a zerk.. but before i did the zerk i dumped oil in.. i used gear oil.. 80w ... then the zerk then grease... so a mix of oil n grease.
after pumping grease in i fired her up and pumped more in..
i wont say if the tine shaft leaked as i dont want to jinx myself lol .. LUCKYYYYYYY .. lol

******************** DONT SLAM THE DRILL IN ALL THE WAY ************************ just enough to get thru the caseing... drill a little bit clean out bits and repete till thru .

96703663_624110891649836_3153053878472146944_n.jpg

Is what’s in the pic what I need

yes.
you also need the sleeve hitch/lift on the back of the tractor... if you dont have it. danderson showed pic of the sleeve hitch/lift.
its under the fender pan under seat... in back.. if not there.. then you need that..
noone knows if you have that but you......

the blue circle is what you have already. that goes onto the tractor as shown..
the red circle is what you need that we dont know if you have. its what lifts the tiller ..
yes the 4 bolts goin thru the back plate come out .. and replaced with a lil longer ones.
DO NOT GO OVER ON THEM THO.. only get a bolt that adds the thickness of the plate syour adding.. if you go more you can crack the rearend casing. lights out..

NOTE this is not my image its borrowed from the wonderful net..
Correct_Tiller_Lift_Pin.jpg

here is my tiller... stop it when u see where it hooks up.. will give u idea also how it goes

You do not need the sleeve hitch!
You already have what you need, the 3 point lift
But, you do need the front part of the mule drive and a the long belt.
Down load the manuals as suggested and all the info you need is in there.
Make sure the flat on the adjustment handle is parallel with the fender pan edge and not pointed towards it

AND DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET FINGERS OR YOUR HAND BACK THERE WHEN RAISING THE TILLER!!!!

And PUT THE BELT GUARD ON!!
You do have that don't you??

Good Luck!

You do not need the sleeve hitch!
You already have what you need, the 3 point lift
But, you do need the front part of the mule drive and a the long belt.
Down load the manuals as suggested and all the info you need is in there.
Make sure the flat on the adjustment handle is parallel with the fender pan edge and not pointed towards it

AND DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET FINGERS OR YOUR HAND BACK THERE WHEN RAISING THE TILLER!!!!

And PUT THE BELT GUARD ON!!
You do have that don't you??

Good Luck!
ok for me to learn and understand.... why dont u need the sleeve hitch ??? its what lifts it up ..... if there isnt one.. how does one lift up the tiller ???

Ken, he needs the rear lift, not the sleeve hitch. This is a common point of confusion. The sleeve hitch is more correctly called a sleeve hitch adapter, or Brinly sleeve hitch adapter. Here's what that looks like and is not needed for the tiller. (I should also mention that there are different variations of sleeve hitch adapter...)

4618.jpg

Ken, he needs the rear lift, not the sleeve hitch. This is a common point of confusion. The sleeve hitch is more correctly called a sleeve hitch adapter, or Brinly sleeve hitch adapter. Here's what that looks like and is not needed for the tiller. (I should also mention that there are different variations of sleeve hitch adapter...)

View attachment 142466

ok ty.. i used the wrong wording... i learned me sumffin....
ty ty ..

so see dandersons post lol...

Ken what is that on top of the pipe you welded in ? I mean it’s obvious there’s a grease fitting. I would like to do the same thing you did. I’m assuming it’s factory sealed. And mine may be dryed out.

Ken what is that on top of the pipe you welded in ? I mean it’s obvious there’s a grease fitting. I would like to do the same thing you did. I’m assuming it’s factory sealed. And mine may be dryed out.
just a 1/8 inch coupling and a grease fitting... weld coupling to case. then drill as big as pipe fitting.. pour some oil in and them grease fitting.. pump it with grease... 10 or so pumps.. while its spinning..

it isnt sealed unit. its just very very very heard to get tines off.. at least this one... theres no slop in chain so good there at least for now lol .. did 2 acres last summer with it..

Back