• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rear PTO

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edale

displayname
Everett Dale
I have a 982, that does not have a rear PTO. Anyone out there have a photo of their 982 (or similar) that does have a rear PTO? I'd like to see what one looks like.

-thanks

EverettDale

Here's some photos from a brochure. The photo on the left is what the PTO parts look like behind the cover, which is shown installed in the right photo.

170282.jpg

Here's an exploded parts view from the installation manual.

170284.jpg

Wow!

Thanks for the photos. It looks like it is driven off the splined shaft that comes out the rear of the hydro. is that correct? Can you still get a kit like that?

-everettdale

Everett, yes it is driven off of the back of the Hydro, via the output shaft. I have scans of the complete installation manual for the PTO and CAT-0 hitch, that I could email to you should you wish to do some reading.

Thanks Kraig, but not right yet. I looked up the parts and found that most are available so I could put one together if I wanted to but I think I'll search around for a while first. I'm going to get a three point first, probably from Xtreme Motorworks, and go from there.

thanks again

-everettdale

Everett, OK, just let me know when/if you would like the installation manual.
happy.gif

Make sure xtrememotorworks makes the 3pts capable for the rear pto option incase you do want to add it at a later date. Last i checked he didn't.

Back