• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rear pto

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim,
Go to the manuals sections, click on CC manuals for two pages, then click on options, then on NF pto operators manual.

Tim - Marty directed you to the details of what's involved, and Digger tells you what you need :) .
Sometimes you can find a complete rearend with the rear PTO, which is probably the easiest way to get it.

Something I recall reading, which you might already know, is that the rear PTO on these Cubs rotates the opposite direction of many/most other PTOs, so to use it with implements not intended for the Cub PTO might require a [expensive/bulky] gearbox to reverse direction.

I can't remember where I read that, probably on this forum... I'll do some searching and post a link to that thread if I can find it.

Here is a link for some more info. What is all needed is in my avatar pic.

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/threads/rear-pto-atachments.110/
Here is my Cub Cadet 70 turned 100 with working pto and adapter. It turns CCW at a 7-1 reduction of engine speed. It is not live and disengages when tractor is clutched just like a Farmall Cub tractor. At full engine speed of 3600 rpm, it spins a little over 500 rpm.

Attachments

• cub cadet pto with adapter.jpg
    cub cadet pto with adapter.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Back