• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rear hitch adapter

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAllison

IHCC Supporter
I would love to find a tiller some day and maybe a plow for the back of my147,but have no understanding of what it is I need to buy to hook either up and raise and lower them. I see brinley rear hitch adapters at CC Specialties. Can some of you post pictures of yours hooked up to your tractors?

You’ll need a narrow frame rear lift setup or 3-point lift as IH calls it. The 147 uses an additional piece to attach the upper lift casting that the earlier narrow frame tractors don’t need.

You’ll also need a sleeve hitch adapter to attach a plow. The adapter isn’t needed for the tiller.

Here’s the rear lift setup on my 100 and 129. Both of mine are homemade duplicates of the original pieces.
06D07F8B-3465-4547-8571-634D380BBAF1.jpeg
FB02128D-CFA1-4510-BF97-30EE293E8938.jpeg

You’ll need a narrow frame rear lift setup or 3-point lift as IH calls it. The 147 uses an additional piece to attach the upper lift casting that the earlier narrow frame tractors don’t need.

You’ll also need a sleeve hitch adapter to attach a plow. The adapter isn’t needed for the tiller.

Here’s the rear lift setup on my 100 and 129. Both of mine are homemade duplicates of the original pieces. View attachment 146355View attachment 146356
It has the3 point on it,I also put an IH spring assist on it when I put it back together...I'm gonna need a sleeve hitch adapter. Those are nice tractors sir!

To mount a tiller, all you need is what you have, the IH 3 point setup plus the tiller mount itself w/the arms
The tiller should have (come with) this piece. You bolt it to the tractor after you remove the lower part of the three point. It bolts on the same way and replaces the lower part you take off.
Plus it mounts the 90* gear box as well.
Be sure you get ALL the parts needed to install and use the tiller when you locate one.
Good luck!

This is the gear box and main frame mount.
This mounts directly to the rear cover.
The hole is there to clear the fill plug

Attachments

• DSCN8848.JPG
    DSCN8848.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 102
On mine, the two bottom and top arms hook up to the plate the gear box is mounted on. You can see that in photos that the flash worked. Then the lift arm is just a shaft that goes in the rear lift, and is hooked to the tiller by chains.

Back