• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rear End Oil

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago, Mother Deere got in a pissin match with Sauer over what fluid to use because they wanted something other that what Sauer told them to use. Needless to say Sauer won the battle and deere moved on to something else.
Sounds exactly like something Deere would do....

HY-TRANS ultraction take a empty container to the local farm equipment dealer they have bulk and just fill what you need
Some will some won't. Just so you'll know It's Hy-Tran, with no S at the end. (y)
1615044342543.png

I also know several people that have used Hy-Tran or Hy-Gard in their Ford E4OD/4r100 transmission in the diesel trucks. These transmission are somewhat sensitive to fluid, and after a rebuild seem to fare better with Hy-Tran / Hy-Gard than the Ford recommend fluid. The current Mercon V (five) is close to the same price now... last time I bought some it was close to $8 a quart........

Doug A, John Deere’s fluid was Hygard. Don’t know about the formulation compared to Hytran.

JD Hygard has zinc in the formula, Hytran is totally zinc free.

Well, when I'm Snow Throw'n and the temps are hover'n around 10 degs f. I think I'd rather have Hytran in my Gear Drive 122. I'll bet 30w gets way more Viscous then Hytran. However, come to think of it, I'll bet there's 30w in the creeper gearbox and 90deg cc42 thrower's gearbox.

Well, when I'm Snow Throw'n and the temps are hover'n around 10 degs f. I think I'd rather have Hytran in my Gear Drive 122. I'll bet 30w gets way more Viscous then Hytran. However, come to think of it, I'll bet there's 30w in the creeper gearbox and 90deg cc42 thrower's gearbox.

Well - sames goes for the Creeper as the transmission. IH initially said same oil as tranny, but then changed it to HyTran.
As for the Thrower, IH went back and forth on the gearbox. I believe initially it was 140W gear oil for the ones that had fill plugs in the center of the gearbox cover (like the CW36) , then they changed the gearbox covers (like used on a QA36 to 42A) to have no fill plug and claimed the gearbox was sealed and required no additional lubricant, but if the cover still had a fill plug then to keep it filled with 80W gear oil. I believe most on here now recommend a combination of about half grease and half gear oil or even HyTran. The odd thing is the gears and bearings in the gearbox are basically all the same.

Back