• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rear End Oil

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leaming

Any of you guys use this from Napa? Thanks

Attachments

• 124BD0D1-C4E4-46FD-AB7E-2D1E3EB78733.png
    124BD0D1-C4E4-46FD-AB7E-2D1E3EB78733.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 170
oooo nooo here we gooo lol ....

i used tractor supply Va race or something . i dont have it in front of me. 50 bucks 5 gallons..

Putting it vaguely, there's a lot of different fluids out there that'll work just fine in the rear end of a Cub Cadet. Hy-Tran is obviously the most recommended choice, but you won't do any harm running an off-brand trans/hydraulic fluid.

However Mark, you've got a 1200 and a 100. Those are both gear drive machines. Fluid like the NAPA fluid you pictured is better suited for a hydrostatic, as is Hy-Tran or any equivalent.

For a gear drive you can just use a standard 30 wt gear oil. No need to be fancy, after all, it's an old Cub Cadet, not a $2,000,000 sports car!

I use Hy-Tran in all my IH Cub Cadets. Mainly because I have a few hydro IH Cub Cadets and I get my 5 gallon bucket refilled at my local Case-IH dealer.
I check the price of the Napa oil-$18.99 a gallon.......without my discount. I may have check with local Napa store

I use Hytran in both my gear drive and hydro units.. Not all lube is the same.. Hytran is non-hygroscopic which means it will not absorb water or other liquids and that help keeps its lubricating qualities.. Some lubes are hygroscopic and are not as good.. I have taken off the rear covers on gear drives that have not been opened for over thirty years and they are still like new inside.. That sold me on Hy-Tran...

I use Hytran in both my gear drive and hydro units.. Not all lube is the same.. Hytran is non-hygroscopic which means it will not absorb water or other liquids and that help keeps its lubricating qualities.. Some lubes are hygroscopic and are not as good.. I have taken off the rear covers on gear drives that have not been opened for over thirty years and they are still like new inside.. That sold me on Hy-Tran...

Is it red in color?

Sure would be nice to be able to still get some at that price.

Any of you guys use this from Napa? Thanks
I’ve use a TSC hytran equivalent in my cub cadet 1000 for pulling . I noticed at the needle bearings there was some fretting going on The axles ,. But it may from the extreme loads also ,many factors ,may have not got the oil out side also before I pulled

Back