• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Raymond Loewy's Birthday

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindstedt

displayname
Kevin Lindstedt
I never cease to be amazed at the things I learn by clicking on the Google doodle of the day. Today is Raymond Lowey's birthday. He is a famous industrial designer credited with designing the Coke bottle, several Studebakers (including the Avanti), and many other iconic designs.

Here's the tie-in to this site... he was also the creator of the IH "Man on the Tractor" logo and was commissioned by IH to give the new (at the time) Farmall letter-series tractors a "sleek new streamlined look".

I had heard of Raymind Loewy before, but did not know of his tie-in to IH.

KEVIN - Yes, Loewy was the designer or "Stylist" of probably the BEST line of tractors ever built by ANY company. The H&M design is timeless, they look as good today as they did 75 yrs ago when they first hit dealer's show rooms. It was an amazing work of style with funtional good looks, good ergonomics before ergonomics was even considered a science, and a rugged simple trouble-free design. A recent topic over at the Red Power Mgazine forum was unanimously in favor of the M being the "Best of the Best" IH tractor with only ONE lone descenter who has personal problems. Having spent many thousands of hours on many different models effected by Loewy's design talents, I can say I NEVER get tired of running them.

Larry Shinoda must have had Loewy as a role model as a young boy. Spent a few thousand hours in one of his designs too.... no, not a Chevy Corvette, but did own an '88 Mustang GT for ten yrs, he also designed the White RoadBoss semi-tractor which I've put close to a half million miles on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Shinoda

Bill - "Cornelia" is local to Paul R. & me.

Glad it wasn't me towing Cornelia home on that U-haul trailer. I've pulled enough of those things to know they're ALL way too heavy and pull like the brakes are locked up. I bet that little Bravada never got out of 3rd gear the whole way home!

Latest posts

Back