• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Radiator fitment in 782

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkhoffman

displayname
Tony Hoffman
Excuse my ignorance. Can I assume the 782D has a front radiator? Looking at a thread of a 1512, I see a front radiator, is the 1512 and 782 physically the same?
Cut to the chase: I have a Kabota 3 cylinder gas at my disposal. I'm kicking around putting that engine in to replace my K17. Big issue would be water cooling it. Are there cooling radiators out there that will Bolt into a 782?

I had an 782 that had a 3 cylinder Kubota gas engine.
78222.JPG

78224.JPG

Picture of the engine:
78201.JPG

OK.. So there are 'stock' radiators out there that can be bracketed to fit up front and still give me room to get the engine in. Hmm I see a battery where the gas tank now lives

fuel tank was likely relocated to under the seat I'm guessing. Have seen a few fabricated that way. Not sure if there is a huge advantage there or if its because of limited space??

fuel tank was likely relocated to under the seat I'm guessing. Have seen a few fabricated that way. Not sure if there is a huge advantage there or if its because of limited space??

It's relocated due to limited space. Side benefit of the fuel tank in the very back is slightly better traction. One of the reasons the Cyclops tractors have their tank in the back.

A few questions while we are on 782D radiators.
(1) Are there known replacement radiators which will fit? Improve cooling in those 90+ degree days. My radiator has a few tubes cut and blocked off - Have problems with overheating on hot days and high rpms.

(2) Is there advantage with radiator behind engine like on the newer diesel models? My front mount radiator’s screen constantly blocking air flow with debri.

Thanks. Bob G.

Back